Chapter 2. Salvation.

Ah! Those looks~
"But if we take control of the north now..."
"We're not going to war because of some territory!" The young council lord Phillip yells.
The barking of the young lords about your age puts you in a whole different mood.
You sit at the end of the table, watching the two grown handsome men bicker at each other, all because of a simple presentation displayed on the screen.
Yes, they are handsome, which is why you're not caring about the noise they're causing, otherwise you would have killed them by now.
The whole time while they argue, you can't help but stare in awe, your eyes unknowingly capturing everything about them, from their lashes to their dressing, all were perfect scores.
Unfortunately for you though, they were taken, not forgetting the fact that their mates aren't the friendliest of females as well, so you know better than to cross paths with them, but then again, those looks.
Thump Thump!
"Tch!" You sigh to yourself as you caress your temple.
"Alpha, what do you think?" Both men yell as they turn to face you.
Seeing both of them up close causes you to move back, even if you're at the far end of the table.
You feel your heart burn and the air around you slowly decreases which makes breathing difficult for you.
Heavy drops of sweat start to slowly roll down your face as you feel like you're about to leave for the afterlife, and yet you seriously look while suffering.
Each time you look at them, you're breathing becomes fast and your heart beats like it's running a milestone, especially when you have to look them in the eyes, and you can't help but stare into those bright ocean eyes and those beautiful brown eyes, you're forced to notice their hair, their soft lips and the way it moves...
You notice the way their tongues go up and down while in reality, they are shouting at the top of their lungs to prove their points to you, but to you, the world is silent as you can't help but stare at those juicy lips.
Gulp!
Everything about you screams to pounce at just one of them, your toes hidden under the table squeeze unto the other as you bite your lower lips, your hands get watery and you start to feel an itch inside you.
"How good it'll be if I could kiss one of them," you think, but that sudden thought has you jumping at the realization.
You almost exposed your weakness there.
"That does it," you whisper in a calm voice as you try to catch your breath.
Luckily you're able to gather yourself as you sit, properly balanced in your Alpha throne, the one you won a year ago when you killed your father.
"Get out," you say with a sigh, shocking the two men who stare back.
"Sorry?" they chorus in confusion.
You're stuck in a daze to see the way they reacted, this has got to be the only time they both agree on something, but you bow and rest your head upon your hand, looking at your wooden desk as you try to stay calm.
"But Alpha you don't understand..." one of them goes, ticking you off as you glare ferociously at him.
"Get out if you don't want to return home a corpse," you threaten them.
Terrified by the horrible look in your eyes, they both gather their things and storm off, one furious and the other quiet.
Bam!
The earth echoes as the angry one slams the door hard, and you hear him yell from outside the room as he makes his way out of the building.
Seeing that the two were gone you relax in your chair and gulp, closing your eyes to calm your nerves, but even doing that isn't near enough to save you.
Flashes of images display on repeat mode in your head, their eyes, face, hair, especially their lips, if you could just have one...
"Alpha!"
You look up to that familiar voice, to see your assistant Susan stand at the door, dressed in her usual blazers and trousers with a change of color to her style.
In her left hand is a glass of water and in the right is a small plate with a white capsule on top.
"Did you find him, Susan?"
"No luck yet Alpha, but some of the men I sent out suggested going to the dark web to find this person," she tells you.
"Hmm, alright, notify me if there's any progress, I don't think using suppressant for my rut will do anymore," you lament as you gulp the pill and water in one go.
"But are you sure you want to mate with him?" Susan asks as she puts the plate away.
You stare at her, and she at you.
The room is silent for a while as you take a deep breath. Your mind is empty, completely blank at the moment, what's right and what's wrong, and you're uncertain how that works now.
Upon watching you drift off Susan continues, "There are a few people who would be glad to be by your side, even Alpha Edward,"
"Yes, but I already called off my engagement, we've already done it once, and I promised him to return after I succeed, it's time for me to take responsibility for my words," you explain as you rise from your throne.
"If you think that's for the best then I will respect your wishes," she answers.
Of course, she would respect your decision. Knowing Susan whose emotions were second to a robot, you're aware of her loyalty towards you, which will continue to be, especially ever since she took your hand.
You know she wishes for your well-being and yet...
"I don't have much time left, if I can't find him, I doubt I wouldn't go into a rut by the next meeting," you explain.
Seeing that your words have calmed Susan, you grab your jacket, heading towards the door you relay your final words before you leave, "I would have to go on a small trip, so take care of things around here for me."
Susan's eyes widen as she tails behind you with hurried footsteps, "but you just said---!"
"Yes, I know what I just said, but this mansion is filled with faces that may drive me crazy, I need to be apart from them."
She stares at you, noticing the way you talk through your teeth and smile.
It's obvious to your competent secretary that you're holding a lot in, her eyes wander around, scanning the outside of the room as she notices the male workers who are in danger due to your presence.
"Alright Alpha," she obediently answers and remains standing as you leave.
Climbing down the stairs, you feel a weight on your chest as if you're running away, but you brush off the thought since it's a necessary move to protect your people and position.
"I'm not running away," you whisper as you finally leave the mansion you fought so desperately to achieve.
***
Druh~
Druh~
The repetition of your phone ringing makes you so irritated that you plan to smash it the moment you get your hands on it. That is if you can do it.
As soon as your phone gets into your hand, you catch a glimpse of the name, "it's Susan," you whisper.
You check your time, and "it's three in the morning," a bit too soon to call someone who just went on a vacation, and this has you frowning, but just to be convinced, you look out the window, and the shy is pitch black.
"Is something wrong?" you ponder as you pick up the phone.
"Wh..."
"Alpha!" Susan says with a heavy breath which troubles you. Your mind starts to run crazy as you wonder what may have gone wrong within the two days you've disappeared, and you get up from your bed and head towards the bathroom, ready to wash up.
"It's his Alpha, we've found him!"
Her words come smashing through your brain cells while you wash your face, you stare into the mirror as you notice your jaw drop.
When you finally get yourself together you can only say these few words, "I've been saved!"