Chapter 10. The Man With The Daddy Complex.

“Alpha?!”
You hear a familiar voice echo.
You look out the window, remembering that a new day has begun, and you have to leave bed. A long look of disdain is painted as you click your tongue, holding back your anger.
“I’ll be leaving now,” you announce to Ida while putting on your robe, “do not forget our agreement, except you want me raining my wrath on you, and believe me, no one wants to see that happening.”
Leaving him on the bed, you hurry out to meet Susan, who stares at you in your dishevelled appearance like it’s nothing.
She bows when you two eye contact and greets, “Good morning, Alpha. Did you have a good rest?”
You look up at the culprit who ruined your morning and sigh heavily, “I need the list of all those who were at yesterday’s meeting, including workers, staff and non-staff,” you order.
Susan doesn’t object. Of course, it’s not like she has the right and power to do so anyway. However, she has worry written all over her face as she approaches you. You have a slight idea of what you want to talk about, and you patiently wait for it.
“I certainly will, but how did it go?”
A chuckle erupts as her question comes precisely as you predict, “Are you feeling okay? Were there any side effects?”
Whether it was because it was your first pairing or your first time with an omega, one thing was sure: hearing how Susan carelessly asked questions about last night leaves your face flushed.
“Ehem~” you clear your throat, silencing Susan as you hide your smugness behind your balled-up fist.
“To think you’d be interested in gossip, this is new,” you answer cheekily.
However you wish to dodge the question, Susan’s stares bore holes through you that you feel she’ll crucify you if you fail to answer.
Awkwardly, you answer, “I can’t deny that I feel recharged. It’s almost as if I’m strong enough to kill one thousand men.”
You barely hold back from blushing for the three seconds last night that resurfaces in your memory. Susan stands there with one brow up as she shakes her head, watching you put up a supposed wall to hide your flustered expression.
“Then I believe completing the ritual was more than a good thing,” Susan says, playing along with your denial.  
“Yes, I’ll be stopping by yesterday’s meeting to investigate the room,” ah goodness, you can’t even muster up the courage to look her in the eyes as your feelings do not match your desire.
You take notice of Susan, who hardly makes any more than two expressions giggle like she’s watching an amusing child, and realise that she may know what’s going on in your head, especially with those eyes of yours constantly turning to steal a glimpse from the man you’re supposed to hate.
Instantly, you put yourself to some work as you reach the door, only to reevaluate as if you forgot something.
Silly or clumsy, whatever it is, you seem to be drunk on quite an amount of it.
“But we can have someone check it out,” Susan says with yet another chuckle mixed with mockery and her desire to help you.
“No! I want to see for myself what bastard dared to do such a thing,” you say with authority.
Knowing she’s had enough fun with you, Susan withdraws her attempts to make you sleep in since you have a habit of holding your stance with your decision.
***
“Alpha Roxanne, a pleasure to see you again,” one of the staff greets you as you revisit the venue where all your craziness began. However, the first thing she notices is that you’re not happy.
You lean closer, your index finger on the counter as you tap on it, whispering in a low voice, “Bring up all of yesterday’s footage, and do not leave a second out; otherwise, you must know I’m not quite merciful,” you say to her.
Her colleagues, miles away, shiver from just sensing the aura you emit. Bloodthirsty, it is that everyone makes sure to keep their distance.
“We’ll… um… we’ll have to request permission,” the daring receptionist replies, her legs losing strength as she gulps several times from fear.
It takes time for her response to sink in, and you find yourself repeating her reply, “Permission?” your ear close to her mouth to make sure you heard it right, and daring her at the same time to repeat herself, but all you hear are whimpers with no reply.
Half satisfied, you back away and stare at her in the face while she avoids your eyes, your face turning red with rage as your fur knows no bounds.
“I was poisoned yesterday, and you dare to tell me, you’ll first request permission to know what happened. It seems none of you love your family,” you say, your voice slowly rising more profoundly.
At once, a colleague comes rushing in and begs, “Please, ma’am, just bear a little bit of patience,” as if summoning courage, more receptionists in hiding rush towards you and beg.
Tsk!
You click your tongue as you find yourself weak to such appeal, your heart holding back your anger as you look away from their pathetic faces.
Brrr~
Your default ringtone echoes around the hall, now silent as a grave, and you frown, walking away towards a corner with less prying eyes and picking up the call.
It’s Susan.
“Alpha, I have some news for you, and it’s not looking good,” Susan says, panting and whispering.
This, of course, has your brows furrowing while you puzzle out what the issue could be.
“What is it?”
“Please, hurry back, Alpha,” she says, ending the call abruptly.
Glaring at your screen, you’re unsure what you should be upset about, whether Susan hung up your call or these people can’t do your simple task.
You return to the receptionist's desk and give them your final warning, “Get me the footage not missing even a second of any detail, or else…” Without ending your sentence, you turn around within a second and walk out with a frown.
Quickly, you have the driver step on the gas as you race home to find out what the commotion is about.
‘What’s going on?”
As soon as you arrive, you find your mansion in a rather gloomy atmosphere, with the staff waiting at the entrance.
You expect them to start talking since you rushed here in two hours, but they’re quiet, a little too calm—even Susan.
“Can someone tell me what’s going on?” you yell.
Susan, the only one who looks more than anxious, starts to stammer, “Um, Alpha, that’s because…”
“I ordered them to remain this way,” a familiar voice echoes from the inside of your mansion,
Quickly, you cut through the crowd of staff and make your way inside, your heart thumping faster as you see him climbing down the stairs; your whole thoughts get tangled, your palms sweat, and you’re at a loss for words by the time he gets down.
Standing right before you, a tall figure leans closer, holding you tightly by the shoulder as he buries his face in your shoulder and takes a deep sniff of you like he was inhaling cocaine; finally, when he’s decided he’s had enough, he whispers in a cold yet calm voice.
“Hello, Roxanne. Is this how you greet your fiance?”
“You’re back,” you say in confusion as you gulp with difficulty, “Edward?”