Chapter 11. Down The Rabbit Hole.

You never thought this day would come after deciding to find someone.
You stare at Edward, entirely at a loss for words, cold sweat streaming down your face as you look around for an escape route, and sadly, there is none.
Edward leans in a bit closer. You can't tell if you see madness in his eyes or just rage, "I heard an interesting news, Roxy, so I'm here to see for myself if it's true," he whispers in a low voice, sending goosebumps down your spine as you fidget.
Before you are the man responsible for your accomplishment, a finely built, brown-skinned body built man.
He's over 6 '2 feet tall with broad shoulders and thick, chocolate brown hair, his eyes like sapphire resting under his arched brows, and his chin curved to perfection.
If there were anyone in the world who could keep you on your toes, it would be this man. Edward, a man who rescued you, and yet you feel like you've gone down the rabbit hole whenever he's around. His soothing seductive voice lures you to suppression whenever he calls you by your nickname, and you find yourself hypnotised by him.
And yet...
You fear him.
"You're back. I thought you were going to be away for six months," you sarcastically enquire while looking him in the eyes.
Edward stares back, and you tremble in fear, thinking you've made a mistake, but then he laughs and leaves you a pat on the head.
"Oh Roxy, you've always been a curious girl," he says, "well, I heard that your search for your first love finally came to a close, which brings me to understand that if you've found him, would that mean our engagement is over?"
Oh, his eyes, so deep and shallow that you find yourself buried within it, almost as if it were overshadowing you.
"If only the man whom I thought would save me didn't end up being the one that needs rescuing," you think with an awful, dreaded sigh.
"I'd like to see what this lucky man looks like, huh? What do you think," with a chuckle, Edward begins to climb up the stairs, and you tail after him in a hurry.
As if to threaten his competitor, Edward yells loudly, "You know Roxy, I've been wondering what the man who dares to steal what's mine would look like. I sure hope you've made the right choice."
The irony of his words hits you like a wrecking ball as you nervously chuckle.
Seeing how he's been in the mansion for a while and failed to find Idah, you could sense that you've had an extra hand from your workers.
Your heart feels light as you let out a sigh of relief, "I don't know you told you such a rumour, but I hate to break it to you cause you won't be finding such a person here."
Edward stops on his track and turns around to question you, his left brow slightly arched upwards while he wears a look that tells you he doesn't buy it but shrugs off his piercing gaze with a little more attitude to say to him you have nothing to be afraid of.
Still, your palms are sweaty as his gaze feels like it could bore holes into you.
Your heart starts thumping loudly, and you realise that Edward can hear it. After all, he's always been one to outbest the best.
As if catching on, Edward beams brightly, a little too bright that you wonder if the Edward you saw before was nothing but your imagination, seeing as how your workers still tremble. Your goosebumps remain. You know too well that you're conversing with a double-edged sword.
"You've always been a terrible liar, Roxy," Edward voices with another pat on your head.
The tension in the room was thick enough to cut through ice.
"I give up, for now, since you don't want us to meet, but only because it's you. I can't promise that we won't meet. After all, I have to see the man responsible for my Roxy," he laughs with menace.
Suddenly, Edward grips hard on your shoulders, the world suddenly at a standstill as he whispers through his teeth, "And believe me, if he's not a worthy opponent, I will make sure no one remembers him."
With that said, Edward storms out of the room, leaving you frozen and paralysed.
"Ha!" Everyone in the room sighs deeply the moment they see Edward drive out.
It feels as though everyone has been waiting for a long time for him to disappear, you as well, but unlike them, you know your battle has just begun, and you can't get rid of him.
"Alpha!" Susan shakes you.
Flinching from shock, your heart skips a beat, and you jump up, completely caught off guard by Susan shaking you.
"Hmm, what is it?" you ask.
"What do we do now? He's coming back," she tells you.
"I don't know. Only now have I realised I've made a foolish mistake accepting him? My problems have come back to remind me why I was searching for that man," you respond to Susan, your gaze still fixated on the door.
"Tch!"
With anger, you hurry away to your room, and Susan follows.
Everyone in the room slowly returns to their position, all except one.
Watching as everyone leaves, a maid stays behind.
She hesitates for a moment, but after realising no one is going up the stairs, her face becomes gloomy. One by one, she drags her feet through the stairs with her head down as her sigh becomes more frequent as she makes her way into the deepest part of the first wing.
It was quiet, dead quiet that one could hear a pin drop from miles away.
Finally, at a dead end, she knocks at a door and, after failing to hear a response, opens the door, helping herself inside.
The room is cold, without proper sunlight, as thick black curtains block the sun at the window. Walking in, the murky smell of wood from the old covered furniture could not go unnoticed as it choked her nose, and she wiggled it out of irritation.
"Master?!" She calls out, and yet there's no response.
Summoning courage, she takes a deep breath and walks inside.
"Master, can you hear?" she calls out again, but again no response.
She sighs, ready to leave the room, and sees familiar clothing behind a sofa.
Carefully, she walks towards the couch and goes behind it to find a certain someone wrapped inside a dusty white blanket, silent and yet... his silence conveys words, his face full of sadness, tears dropping from both sides.
The closer she gets, the more she hears voices echoing through the walls. The walls were old and hollow so that one could listen to voices from the outside, and although he was weak, Idah was still a werewolf, and his hearing could as well not be underestimated.
She can't help but regret it; it never crossed her mind that the room could be this hollow when the mansion was in chaos. Her only thought then was to hide him, but now she regrets doing so.
Upon sensing her, he raises his head and smiles and says, "Have you come to pick me up, Terra?"
His fake smile throbs her heart as she nods, wondering how everyone would have it in them to avoid him like a plague.
Terra, with a heavy heart, can only answer with a cheerful voice, knowing too well her forgotten master may be blind, but he's not deaf, "Yes, master. I'm sorry I took too long."