Chapter 3. The Wrong Mate.

"Did you find just say you found him,” you yell at the top of your lungs, loud enough to have Susan’s ears explode.
“Yes, but I think you need to see him first.”
Hearing Susan’s voice, you can’t help but realize that she sounds a bit nervous after all the Susan you know is scared of nothing.
You ponder on the probability of having the wrong person, but with your heart racing out of fear of losing the hope you just got, you finally ask.
“Does he have the tattoo…?”
“Sigh~” you hear her voice from over the phone, she stays silent, but only for a few seconds, “Yes but…”
Your ability to reason at the confirmation as you dance for joy, there was no need for buts especially since he is the person you’re searching for.
“I don’t have much time, get a stand-in for me, and have the ceremony done as soon as possible,” you order her as you hurry to your room to start packing.
“But, master his background-" Susan insists.
“Forget about his background, just get it done now,” you yell at Susan.
Susan stays silent. You know too well that the cause of her silence was the fact that she’s unable to believe that she was being yelled at when she has you as her number one priority.
“Alright,” she replies and then hangs up.
With nothing to stop you, you hurry to get things done.
Your heart is racing as you try to picture what the look on his face would be like when you both meet once again. It was the first time you were genuinely caring about something as you rushed to leave at three in the morning.
Quickly, you shower up, faster than the speed of light, and rush to the garage to get your car as you hurry to return home.

***
“Where is he?” You yell the moment you arrive back home.
Susan who’s seen pacing around the living room rushes to your corner to escort you up.
“In his room but you need to know about this first-” she whispers.
“Did you get the ceremony done, did he sign our marriage certificate?”
“Yes, Alpha but…”
Ah, there she goes again with her ‘buts’.
You can smell something fishy as you stop climbing the stairs and turn to face her, “what’s going on?”
“I’m afraid you can’t see him alpha because we won’t let you,” you hear a voice you’ve never heard before echoing from the end of the stairs.
Three men stand guard as they block the pathway.
Perhaps they were seeking death, well whatever it was, you were surely envying their courage at the moment.
“And you are?”
Something about these three makes you feel uneasy, you take a quick sniff of the air around you, and come to understand what it is.
“These three aren’t wolves,” you tell yourself as you frown in disdain at the stench of foxes.
Never did you think a day like this would come when you would receive people from the fox clan in your territory, and all this is happening because of how desperate you are, to find one man.
“Pardon our rudeness Alpha,” they bow slightly towards you.
The sight of these sly foxes has you sick to your stomach and yet you haven’t killed them because you have no idea what tricks they have installed if you decide to get rid of them.
“We, are humble debt collectors, our debtor here owes each of us a wondrous sum of amount, and since we did bring him here, and he is your husband Alpha, the debt is yours to pay,” even the way they speak to you boils your blood and yet you have to bear with the responsibility of holding in.
“How much is the debt?” You question when the ring leader glances at the others.
A crooked smile stretches on his face as he holds out five fingers.
“Five thousand?”
“No no Alpha, not five thousand, I’m afraid it's fifty million, and we won’t be letting you two meet until the debt has been paid.”
How brave his audacity is, that you can’t help but plan his funeral the moment he steps outside your mansion.
Fifty million isn’t that much money, but you can’t help but wonder what he did with that amount.
Nonetheless, now isn’t the right time to start thinking about all this.
You signal over to Susan who steps forward, “My assistant, Susan would assist you in clearing the debt, but I do hope to never cross paths with you again,” you warn them.
“Certainly Alpha,” the ring leader says with a smile.
Escorted by Susan, the men finally move away from the door much to your relief and you help yourself in.
As soon as you open the door, you notice how dark the room is, but still, illuminated under the moonlight, you find him, sitting by the window side, staring at you.
Your heart starts thumping, and you’re unsure where to start from, and what emotions you’re feeling.
“To think we’d meet again,” you say.
“...”
The room remains silent, much to your dismay, however, you’re too excited to stop now and you continue.
“Are you keeping quiet because you are angry with me?” You question him, but once again he goes quiet.
Enraged, you walk forward, dragging him by the collar with both hands as you shake him, but something about his weight feels strange to you.
He seems much lighter than you remember him.
“Hey! I’m speaking to you, the least you can do is say some…” on a closer pull, you notice his eyes as white as stone under the moonlight, shocking you with disbelief as you stare at his stone eyes.
“I’m sorry… I didn’t know where exactly you were standing or what to say to you, and I was a bit nervous so…”
“You’re blind…” you cut him short.
“Yes, I was born blind… I think there must be some sort of mistake, I don’t think I’m the one you’re searching for,” he says.
You slowly let go of his collar as he falls to the floor, his head looking up and yet, towards an opposite direction.
At that very moment, you know it’s not him, he’s not the one you’ve been searching for. You’ve been played by those foxes.
“No… it can’t be…” you scream, grabbing onto the nearest vase and smashing it on the floor.
Your action has the shards from the vase flying out as a few pieces graze his hand, causing him to flinch in fear.
“I’m sorry, please don’t get mad,” he pleads, trembling on the floor as he looks down.
You’re panting heavily, pissed off as it is, and the presence of the man before you, along with his soft voice isn’t helping. You stare at him, wondering what to do about this, after all the both of you are now a couple.
That’s when you notice it, “wait a minute, I know this face,” you say aloud.
With hurried footsteps you rush towards him, grabbing his face into your hand as you pull him closer so you can have a proper look.
“Huek!” he cries out in pain, as your fingers hold his face tightly, and yet you stare intensely at his face.
Finally, it all clicks in, and you realize where you’ve seen that face before.
Your mood instantly changes and you frown, your teeth grits and you press on tightly to his jaws, then you open your mouth and break the news to him.
“You, you look just like him, like that bastard who betrayed my mother!”