𝙨𝙞𝙭

CHAPTER SIX

CHAPTER SIX

if looks could kill

"that felt good to get off my chest." that was a lie. i had just told a whole load of personal feelings to a boy i just met three days ago. but i wasn't going to share more feelings now, like the sting of regret that was lingering in my chest. and i didn't feel better now that i said it. i feel like my feelings are now out there and real, not just some silly concept building up plaque in my brain.

"i'm glad. you sounded like you needed it," he cooed.

"anyway." i sighed and fiddled with my nails. "don't get me wrong, you're actually perfect for caleb."

"caleb? what, are you setting me up on a blind date with this dude?" he laughed.

"no! the main character in my film."

"oh...well don't get my hopes up."

"if i had time to film, i would get you in front of the camera in a heartbeat."

using his hands to paint a fantastical picture, walker proposed, "look, why don't we hang out after school today, get all of our homework done, and then read through the script. oh, and we could do chem homework at gym!"

i pondered this request. on one hand, there was the risk of falling into bad habits, and not being able to focus on homework because the walker scobell was in my house. but on the other hand, there was the obviously amazing sounding idea of starting to fall back in love with filmmaking, and inviting the walker scobell to my house. i liked the sound of the second option better.

i scrunched my nose up. "but what about..."

"come on," walker said, "i know you want to start filming."

before responding, i kept him looking at me for a few seconds as he waited. he just looked so... handsome, with his...everything. it was just some innocent admiring of beauty, as one would do in an art museum.

finally, i said, "okay. but what about maeve?"

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

maeve shrieked. "we're going to be hanging out with walker scobell today?" maeve jumped up and down with exhilaration. "oh! my! goodness!"

"girls, be quiet," demanded the balding teacher. it was partner work after the quiz, and when mr fennel pointed his hairy index finger, you knew he was serious.

i chose to not acknowledge him. baby steps, i thought, to when i can balance the happiness of my teachers and the people i actually care about. but i did actually need maeve to quiet down, because everyone was staring at us with intrigue. i tugged her arm and she finally sat down with pursed lips.