𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙩𝙬𝙤

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

insight

my plan was set in action before it was time to go to gym. i texted walker to tell madeline about his fake preferences and he acted it out like my message was a script. from what i could see from the back of the room, she was quite disquieted by the news.

and as walker and i were leaving class, i saw her whispering to tasha and jamie, then violet once she reached her old seat. "okay, i think this will work," i said.

"agreed. hopefully jordyn's in today. there's a lot to update him on."

"if he isn't i think that would break his record for how long he's been grounded for."

"usually people try to break records," walker remarked. "dude's breaking them just by living."

we turned the corner into the gym hallway. he was either on the other side of the wall or on the other side of town. in both instances, he would be in the dark about everything we need to tell him. this past week has been jam-packed with so many developments that even jordyn, with his top class being history, might find it difficult to keep up with all the ups and downs.

we parted ways once under the soaring ceilings of the gym, and when i came out of the girl's locker room, i noticed that walker wasn't sitting alone at our usual spots. jordyn was there. he wasn't even late!

joining the two, i said enthusiastically, "welcome back jordyn!"

"hey! i would ask how you've been," said my cousin, "but walker's been filling me in on the whole situation."

"yeah, i saw him in the locker room and had to start all the way back to when we printed out the flyers and the deal and stuff."

"no way there's a hidden theater class right under dowry's nose. that's wild," jordyn said, amazed.

"you can't tell anyone about it," i cautioned him. 

"i won't," he chuckled. "i don't even know why i would want to tell anybody. those kids are chilling."

our teacher took attendance routinely, and when she got to jordyn, she called over to him, "you're back!"

"yeah. i was grounded. sorry, mrs. small," he told her.

"that's her name?" i asked.

"yeah, even i knew that," said walker.

"in my defense, i've never said a word other than 'here' to her." 

"you know about some secret society in our school but you don't know your own teacher's name?" teased jordyn.

i decided to change the subject. "so, why were you grounded, huh, jordyn?"