13 - Is it just me... or is he everywhere...?

A/N
Sorry, I forgot to add the end of the chapter of the last, but here, and also some new stuffs

A/NSorry, I forgot to add the end of the chapter of the last, but here, and also some new stuffs

Skye

"You know what?" mom said, staring after him. "When we went to the grocery store earlier today, I thought I saw him... I even saw him while we were walking here... he was flipping a sign. What's even odder is that he's works here... the place went to. Is it just me?" she said, looking at me. "Or is he just... everywhere?"

I stared for a moment.

Yeah, I saw him too.

It could've been North, but at the same time... it's something Sebastian would do.

Brothers are alike indeed.

"I don't think it was him," I lied, forcing a smile. "He's been at work all day. Since early this morning."

All worry vanished from her expression. "Oh, alright."

My heart pounded.

I hated lying to my mother... I wasn't sure how long I could keep this up.

I knew these lies would catch up to me.

*****

"Uhm... Skye," mom said, making me glance back at her to find her expression grim.

"Yes?" I said.

"About that man following us..." she said then, glancing around nervously before she gazed back up at me. "You're right... it wasn't Sebastian."

My brows drew together.

"He was tall... thin... and... he had blonde hair."

My lips parted then. "What...? What else?"

"He had blonde hair," she repeated, "that was covered by a black hoodie. His was white, tall and thin, but he did have muscles. He was watching you from a distance, Skye."

My brows drew together.

But... North had black hair and so did Sebastian... so who...?

"Skye..." mom said, making me glance down, "be careful when you go to school tomorrow. I have a bad feeling."

I nodded then, smiling softly.

"Good night," she said, smiling back.

"Night," I repeated.