29 - Is it too late to save you?

I couldn't sleep

I couldn't sleep.

I thought maybe if I fell asleep, I'd feel better, but honestly... my thoughts were running rampant, scattering all over my mind, and I thought I might've been dying.

Everything hurt.

Everything.

My heart... my lungs... my stomach.

Was I truly dying?

I sat on the floor of my bedroom, staring numbly at the wall as silent tears slipped down my cheeks.

My parents were gone, and Neveah was hanging out with Chris right now.

I didn't really feel like talking to them, though.

I didn't know why North needed Sebastian like this... maybe it was because he wanted Sebastian to side with him so he could get me.

But... if they really wanted me, wouldn't they have come already?

I kept staring at the wall, heart shattering to pieces inside me.

Sebastian... did he still love me? Or was he... someone else?

It didn't matter. He was North's plaything now.

I was on my own.

Another tear slipped down my cheek as I stared at the wall.

After a couple minutes, I found the urge to get up, and I stepped silently to a vase that settled on my nightstand.

The roses from a month ago were in it were still in it, although now they were wilted and browned.

I lightly picked the vase up, hands shaking when I read the familiar tag on it:

Happy Valentines Day, my love.

I love you.

- Sebastian.

I gripped the vase tighter, gritting my teeth as the ice in my veins swelled with heat.

I was burning... I swear I was burning.

I then screamed, shooting the vase to the wall.

It shattered at the impact, glass splattering and raining all around me like shards of my soul.

But my anger only grew worse.

I caught my piggy bank and hauled it at the wall, screaming as it burst open and scattered among the floor.

It wasn't enough...

IT WAS NEVER ENOUGH!

I just pulled out the dagger from my pocket and threw it at the wall, slicing it deep into the plaster.

I screamed in a high pitch, gathering my hair in my hands and I pulled the strands.

But my anger never faltered.