23 - Oh... baby...

Sebastian

Sebastian

I walked down the front entrance of my mansion, helping Claire bring in the groceries as she packed them in the cupboards.

"What do you want with this?" she asked me, holding out a bottle of toothpaste.

"Oh," I said, blinking, "that's mine. Can you go put it in my room? I got more bags to bring in."

She nodded, packing the last thing in the fridge before she went upstairs.

I stepped back outside to my minivan and caught the last three bags of groceries, stepping back in the house to set them on the kitchen counter.

I always told Skye I'd watch over her, but she told me this morning to take the day off because she could protect herself for a while.

I argued first, but she just snapped back that I got hurt because of her, and that I should rest.

I couldn't say no because I didn't want her mad at me, so I'd occasionally follow her to see if she was okay, and then I decided to help Claire get some groceries.

After setting the bags on the counter, I shuffled through one bag and pulled out the milk and cheese, walking over and stuffing it in the fridge.

Claire entered the room then. "Sebastian."

I gazed up, and her face was grim.

That's not a good sign.

"What?" I said.

She nodded to the hallway and started off, and I knew what she was asking and followed her.

We walked up the stairs together, and I just continued following until we reached my closed bedroom door.

"What?" I said, brows arching. "Is there a cockroach in there or something?"

She gave me a look. "Just open the door, dimwit."

I rolled my eyes and listened, turning the knob and parting the wood.

I glanced around for a moment before I paused.

And I found Skye sleeping peacefully on my bed.

I rushed over to her, finding dried tears staining her cheeks as she slept, so I sat on the bed. "How long has she been here?"

"I don't know," Claire replied, shrugging, "I just walked in here to put your toothpaste on the nightstand, and she was like this."

I stared down at Skye, noticing that her brows were slightly creased, and her hair was tussled and messy, as well as...

Wait... was she wearing my flannel? I was wondering where that went.

I just brushed my fingers along her hairline. "Skye."