18 - Is that... my guardian Angel...?

Sebastian

Sebastian

I could barely see because my eye was so swollen.

The room was dark; it was still night outside.

There was a guard sitting in the room and watching me, but I couldn't move anyway... the daemivenom got into my system and now I was weak.

The ropes were still burning into my skin... down to the bone. The lashes on my chest only going deeper as if they were made of fire.

I felt... weak... and I hated it.

Was this how daemivenom felt?

Maybe Skye was right... we shouldn't risk this.

My lashes lowered.

Skye.

She was probably looking for me. I was supposed to go to her room last night, but I was dumped in daemivenom in the forest, and I passed out... I woke up here.

"Please," I whispered to the guard, "I didn't do anything wrong. Please, let me go."

His eyes narrowed. "Jaden told me to whip you every time you talked." He stood, and my eyes grew in panic when he stepped over to the bucket of daemivenom, pulling out the leather whip.

I struggled against the bindings again but yelled out when the ropes burned deeper into me.

The guard stepped over to me, and stood a couple feet in front of me.

He lashed the whip out, making it crack against my skin, and I screamed, head falling back as the venom pierced through me.

I dropped forward, gasping as he drew back for another hit.

But an angry sound came from behind him:

"Stop!"

The guard spun around, and I gazed up hazily, watching a female figure step toward us slowly.

"Touch him again, and I will burn you alive," Skye hissed, eyes narrowing into a glare.

"No..." I whispered, "Skye... what are you doing here...?"

"Shut up," she pointed to me, "Mister 'I'm so good at not getting kidnapped.'"

I dropped my head down, breathing shakily.

"She's here!" the guard screamed. "Intruder!"

All the sudden, pounding footsteps came from all directions, and Skye stepped backward into the shadows, a smile spreading across her face.

I watched lazily as she slid the hilt out from her pocket, guards screaming and swarming from behind her.

"Skye!" I choked, unable to fight.

She just pressed her finger to her lips. "Accendo."

And the blade came from the hilt, molding into fire, and she spun around, screaming as she came at the guards.