rock your body

MELANIES POV

MELANIES POV

Tom surprisingly walks fast through the crowd of people in the hallways. I couldn't keep up. These heels were killing me.

Eventually, I lost him, I couldn't see him anywhere. It's like he's just disappeared. I sigh, what's the point of bringing me if you weren't going to stick with me?

I stand there for a minute, squished in the crowd of people's body's rubbing against each other. I look in all directions to see if I could spot Tom.

I wish I was home right now.

People's sweaty body's was dancing against me. Tom was no where to be seen. Did he turn invisible or something?

I struggle to scurry out of the crowd. I really need to sit down. I feel like my feet are going to fall off. I see a couch but there's a bunch of people on it.

I turn my head and spot a little bar. I didn't know Tiffany had a mini bar in her house. Is she rich?

I walk over to the bar and sit in a stool. The relief my feet felt.

There was some girl making drinks. She looked pretty. She looked at me and smiled, I smiled back.

"How come you're not dancing?" She asked loudly so I could hear her over the music. "Oh um my feet hurt so..." I say looking around. She laughs.

"What's your name?" I ask. She seems friendly might as well start a conversation with her. "Kelly" she smiles brightly. "I'm Melanie. You kinda look like Cameron Diaz" I say to Kelly.

"Why, thank you" Kelly says happily. "You want a drink?" She asks. I look over the counter. I shake my head slowly, "no, thank you" I say uneasy.

She looked a little shocked. I frown my eyebrows in confusion. "Normally, kids your age would gladly take that offer" she laughs. I laugh slightly.

"I don't like alcohol, really" I say being honest. Just look at my father. Why would I like alcohol?

"Interesting" she says nodding. "Did you come with friends?" She asked. I stayed quiet. I shake my head slightly.

"I came with.." I tried to find the eight words to call Tom. He wasn't my boyfriend, not really my friend. I can't tell her that I'm basically one of his side chicks.

Not that I'm ashamed or anything. I love Tom.

"I came with a friend" I say. Might as well just say friend. "Where are they then?" She asks raising an eyebrow. "I don't.. know. I kind of lost him when we walked in" I say turning to look behind me just in case he had appeared or something.

I turn back around to face Kelly. She had a smirk on her face. "Do you like him?" She asks. I look away shyly. "Yeah" I say smiling to the point my jaw hurt.

"Do you think he likes you?" Kelly asks tilting her head. "I like to think so.." I say a bit sad. "He's really cute" I say happily. Kelly laughs a little.

"Can you spot him in the crowd?" She says pointing in the direction of dancing people. I turn around.

I scan the area. "No-" I stop, I squint my eyes. I see Tom approaching.. Julie. Great. I feel my face frown slightly.

I turn to face Kelly but only half way. "Yeah" I say sadly.

"Why do you seem sad?" She asks. "Because he's dancing with Julie" I say rolling my eyes. I glance back at him.

The song 'rock your body' comes on.

To be honest, I thought Julie might walk away from Tom seeming as the last few times he's approached her she walked away.

But she didn't. Instead she started grinding on him. My jaw drops slightly. I scoff a little.

"Which ones are they?" Kelly asks. "Tom is the one with the dreads, baggy clothes, cute" Kelly nods, "Julie is the one who's grinding on him!" I say disgusted.

"Are they together?" She questions. "No! She hasn't ever showed interest in him until tonight, he's trying to bang her I guess" I say mad, crossing my arms.

I glance at the drinks. "Can I have one?" I ask. "Sure.." she nods. Kelly hands me a drink. I chug it down. "Woah slow down" she says.

"I think I need another one" I say glancing back at Julie and Tom. Kelly nods making me another.

Kelly hands me it. "Okay so I wanna know everything!" She says confused. I sigh chugging down the drink.

Why does this shit burn?

"It's a very long story, but I'll try to sum giving most details" I say. Kelly nods. "So me and Tom quite close. He says I'm his favourite" I say smiling at the last bit.

Kelly frowns. "What do you mean 'favourite'?" She asks. "Well Toms like a bit of a.. player" I say guilty. "But that's not the point" I say.

"Anyways, Julie is new to our school and obviously Tom wants to fuck her, but she isn't interested in him or wasn't? Whatever!" I say confused at the situation.

"He has been kinda obsessed with her cause you know she showed no interest meaning he doesn't pay to me anymore! He doesn't want to hang out with me anymore" I say sad.

"Poor thing. If I'm being honest, I don't think you should get yourself involved with him" Kelly says. "I love him though, you don't understand" I say quietly but loud enough she'll hear me.

"Has he ever done something like this in the past?" She asks. I nod. "Mmm well I say give him strikes" Kelly suggests.

"Strikes?" I say confused. "Yeah, like give him three strikes you know if he does something that hurts you that's a strike" she explains. I nod.

"What do I do if the strikes are up?" I ask. "Leave him for good" she says shrugging, "don't know if I have enough self control for that" I say honestly.

"You can't let him walk all over you all the time!" Kelly yells a bit. I take a deep breathe in and out. "Okay, I'll try" I say.

I look over at Tom and Julie, looks like they're going to get drinks. They walk over to the mini bar I'm at.

Tom doesn't even know I'm here. He seems drunk. Julie glanced at me with a smirk on her face.

I look at Kelly. Kelly snarls Julie a bit, which makes me laugh a little. They get drinks and walk off.

"She does seem like a bitch" Kelly says snarling Julie as she walks away. "Mhm" I hum. "How about I try to talk to Tom first before I give him strikes" I suggest.

"Maybe" Kelly tilts her head side to side.