lonely day

MELANIES POV

MELANIES POV

I put on a white, shortish skirt and a short sleeved top. The top had gems on it, creating a pretty design.

I decide to put a pair of white leg warmers on.

I walk and my room and into my bathroom. I begin to brush my teeth. I'm feeling better today, well better than yesterday.

I spit out the access, putting my toothbrush back. I grab a towel and wipe my mouth.

I walk back to my room.

Sitting down at my desk, I smile at myself. I start to do some natural and simple makeup.

So my goals for the day is try to avoid Tom at all causes and try to make friends. Shouldn't be too hard. I hope not anyway.

I spray some perfume on me. Gosh I nearly forgot about my hair. I shake my head a little.

I grab my hair brush and brush through my hair. I was thinking about if I should curl my hair or not like I said I would yesterday.

I'm deciding against. I'll just leave at as it is. I think I look really cute right now, which made me happy.

I smiled and swung my feet a little. Okay what's next to do. Get bag ready and shoes and that's it.

-

I arrive at school, I'm kinda nervous. Actually not even kinda nervous I AM nervous.

I walk through the school doors.

Some people have me strange and judgmental looks, some gave me confused looks and others were laughing.

Is it time to go home yet?

Normally I don't mind being in school cause it gets me away from home. I brush all the states people were giving me off. I walked all the way to my locker and do what I do every morning.

TOMS POV

I wake up and look at my alarm. Damn I'm gonna be late. Oh well, I don't really care. I'll probably just skip.

I look to see if Melanie had text me. She normally texts but she hadn't. I click on her contact. Wait.. SHE BLOCKED ME!!

How could she block me?

I know yesterday we got into a small argument and we never really argue but we and I know she said she didn't want to see me or speak to me but I didn't think she was being serious.

I'll just try to talk to her when I see her at school.

-

I walk into school and I knew I'd find Melanie at her locker she's always at her locker first thing in the morning.

When I reached her locker I see a girl who doesn't dress like Melanie. I stop in confusion. I mean she has the same hair colour as Melanie and the same body type.

Am I even at the right locker?

Because Melanie usually dresses in more darker colours, more sexier clothes.

I walk closer to her. I get a whiff of her scent. She smells like Melanie. You know a comforting, mix of strawberry and cherry.

I lean on the locker next to her. Yep it definitely was Melanie except she didn't have her usual makeup on.

Normally I'd say Melanie was hot and all but right now she looked.. cute?

Melanie looked to me slightly probably to see who it was. Then she shuts her locker, gets her stuff together and leaves. And she did all that very frantically if I do say so myself.

I didn't even say or do anything and she got up and left. I don't understand.

Normally girls are running to me not away from me.

Was she actually trying to avoid me?

MELANIES POV

I felt a presence beside me. I knew it was Tom from his smell. He leans against the locker near mine. I look at him slightly.

I don't give him a chance to speak. I just shut my locker, get my stuff together and leave.

Didn't he hear what I told him yesterday? I don't want to see him. Didn't he understand the memo from the fact that I blocked him?

Now can't he just run to Julie or something.

Wait.. no!

Not Julie. Anyone but Julie. Actually how about no one.

This is so hard to get over him. But eventually I have to stand my ground.

MELISAS POV

I was talking to Stacy and Alison.

"You know that Melanie Madden girl" Stacy says. "Mhm" I say raising my eyebrow. "What about her?" Alison says.

"Well I heard Tom left her and now she's all lonely" Stacy says laughing a bit. "That must be so sad for her. I mean she's spent like two years basing her life around him and she has no friends" Alison says.

Stacy laughs. "You're joking right?" She says. Alison doesn't answer her. "How could you feel bad for her? She swerved everyone for a boy" she scoffs.

"How could she leave everyone if she didn't have friends before him" Alison argues. "Also Stacy you're saying this as if you wouldn't leave us for Tom" I say.

Stacy goes silent for a minute. "Whatever! You wanna defend some skank go a head" she says.

Sometimes I don't even know why me and Alison are friends with Stacy. She isn't nice or friendly, she doesn't have manners. She's one of the most judgmental bitches ever.

I think, if I can remember correctly but I think we only became friends with her cause we felt sly, she had no friends and was lonely. I can understand why now.

"Melanie seems like a nice person" I say. "So? What are trying to say? We should be friends with her?" Stacy says in a bitchy tone.

I nod my head "yeah" I say raising my eyebrows. "No! Ew." She says.

MELANIES POV

I came home from school totally bummed. I made zero friends. No one even wanted to talk to me.

Do people seriously not like me that much?

I'll just have to try again tomorrow. I have to stay positive.

TOMS POV

I was waking out of school until I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turn around kinda hoping to see Melanie but no it was Julie.

"Oh hey Julie" I say. "So I haven't seen you with Melanie all day" she starts to say. I nod. "So does that mean you made your choice?" She asks.

I look at her confused but I now remember what she means.

"Yes" I say smiling at her. "I choose you obviously I mean Melanie alright and all but she's just so dramatic, clingy and jealous. And I wasn't even with her like that" I say slowly putting my arm around Julie.

What actually happened was Melanie doesn't want to speak to me and I can't be bothered chasing someone when someone else who's better is right in front of me.