moving out

MELANIES POV

MELANIES POV

Today was the day me and my mum was finally moving out. I genuinely felt like I was dreaming.

I feel like it was all so sudden and I'm happy it was. I don't think I could take another day.

I gave the last box to my mum and I watch her put it in the moving van. My mum got into the car and so did I. She starts to drive.

We were driving to our new house and the moving van followed us.

"What does that house look like?" I ask my mum, "you'll see when we get there" she says, "aw" I say disappointed. "Is it near my school?" I ask. "Yes" she says. I nod.

"How long until we are there?" I ask. "Twenty minutes" she answers "wow that's a very long time" I say. "Yeah" she says.

"It's far away from your father and close to your school" she says, I nod. "How did he react when he found out" I ask. "He wasn't too.. happy but that's not the point" she states.

Now we sat there in silence. I looked out the window admiring the view. The sun was out and shining. It hasn't been like this in forever.

My mum turned up the radio. It was kinda awkward I can't lie. I've never really had a close connection with my mum but I've always wanted to.

I don't know how to speak to her without it sounding.. empty. If you know what I mean.

We came to a red light. My mum turned down the radio. "Your hair looks cute" my mum says. I look at her and smile "thank you" I say smiling brightly.

My mum twirls one of my ponytails. "Nice and curled" she says laughing slightly. "You know I haven't seen you dress like this in a while" she claims.

I look at her confused. "You remember?" I ask, "well yes.. kinda.." she says guilty. "When did you realise I started dressing different?" I ask curiously.

"I only ever really saw you one or twice dress different" she admits. "Oh" I say.

The red light goes from red to yellow to green. My mum starts driving again and I look back out the window.

-

We finally arrive at our new house. I open the car door and get out. I just stare at the house for a while. It's looks bigger than the old one.

My question is where did my mum even get the money to buy this. You know what? I don't want to know.

Somethings are better not known.

My mum opens the front door.

I watch her walk in. "Come on" I hear her say.

I close the car door and follow her into the house. "Wow it's really big in here" I say.

"You wanna go and see what room is yours?" She asks. I nod smiling. She starts to walk up the stairs, I follow her.

When she reached the top of the stairs she continued walking down the hallway. Then she stopped at this room near the bathroom. We walk in.

"This is going to be your room" she says. I smile and hug her.

-

We had finished moving everything in, now we was just sitting on the couch.

I got a text message from Leo. He's going to take me on a date tomorrow. He said he'll pick me up. I text him my address.

Wait I've gotta let my mum know.

"Mum" I say. She turns her head to me. "Yeah?" She says "I'm going on a date tomorrow with this guy called Leo" I explain.

"Cool" she says. "What time are you leaving" she asks. "Like around 8:30" I answer. "Well that's a little late don't you think?" She asks.

"I'll be fine" I say.

"What time will you be back" she asks. "10" I say. "Okay 10 on the dot" she says. I nod shyly.

"What's he like?" Mum asks. "I think he's nice" I say. "You think?" She says raising an eyebrow. "Yeah I don't know him that well. I've talked to him once and he seemed nice" I explain.

"Mm okay" she says.

A/N
Sorry short chapter but the next chapter will be longer I promise.