heartache

MELANIES POV

MELANIES POV

I got out of my mums car. For some reason she wanted to drop me off at school today. I'm not going to complain because it's a free ride, I don't have to walk and why would I complain anyway?

I think it's really sweet she wanted to drop me off. But it was kinda awkward. I feel like we need more time to connect and all.

She promised me we would move out away from my dad.

So when we move out I think it will be better for me to talk to her and tell her stuff.

"Bye mum" I say, "bye, have a nice day" she says. "You too" I say smiling at her. "I love you" she says. I stay quiet "I love you too?" I say confused.

I shut the car day. I watch as she drives away. I stand there confused.

I've never heard anyone say that they love me. I don't know how to feel. It feels nice. I smile.

I turn around and walk through the school doors. I see Melisa and Alison. I smile at them, they walk over to me.

"Heyy" Melisa says. "Hi" I say smiling at her. "Have you heard?" Alison asks me. "Heard what?" I ask confused "about Shelly?" She says. I look at her confused.

"Well apparently she-" she gets cut off by the bell. "You can tell me maybe after class?" I suggest, she nods. "Bye" she says. "Byebyeee" I say waving goodbye at her.

"I don't want to make you uncomfortable or anything but I've just got a question" Melisa says. I look at her confused "what's your question?" I ask confused.

"You don't have to answer it but I was just wondering why you don't hang it with Tom" she says. I stay silent.

"I haven't I already told you?" I ask genuinely. "Kinda but I mean I want the long version" she says. "Okay so" I begin.

-

"And that's it" I finish.

By the time I had finished the story we had made it to class.

"Jesus" Melisa says shocked. "And that's the guy everyone wants to fuck?" She says disgusted. "He wasn't all that bad" I say.

Melisa softens her face and gives me a pitiful smile. "You're too nice" Melisa says as she opens the door. "I'm being honest, sometimes people on tell you the bad things of a person and never the good things" I say.

"I just want to even it out" I shrug. We sit down. I now sit at the front next to Melisa.

"Are you sure there was anything good about him?" She asks raising an eyebrow as she looks back at Tom, who was surprisingly already in class.

I look at him. "Don't stare at him like that" Melisa says making me look at her. "Stare at him like what?" I ask confused.

"Like you're still in love with him" she says. "I wasn't" I say, "you was" she laughs slightly. "I know you need more time but he's not even worth your time" she states.