﹒౨ৎ﹒#toxicmalemasculinity

𝛢𝐹𝑇𝛦𝑅𝐺𝐿𐒆𝑊 , 𝑎𝑐𝘵 𝘰𝑛𝑒

chap three

Hello! I'm Aria.❞

The Apollo cabin shone perfectly as several blonde boys and girls ran around the cabin with smiles on their faces, sunlight flowing into the room and hitting a crystal that made colors sparkle in the room perfectly. The smell of sweet tea in the summer was strong, but not so strong that it was uncomfortable.

A girl approached Aurora, who stood awkwardly at the entrance. She stood out. Her long hair flowed down to just above her waist, the curls gleaming in the sunlight. As she got closer, the smell of daylight and sand had replaced the sweet tea scent, and the natural blush became a little more visible when the girl stepped into the sunlight with a bow and arrow in her hands. "Hello, are you lost?" She asked politely, her majestic voice making Aurora wonder if she were an Aphrodite girl.

It took a few seconds for the brunette to realize the girl had been speaking to her. "Hi!" Nervousness rushed through Aurora's veins as the Apollo girl softly laughed. "Hello! I'm Aria," she smiled once she had finished laughing. The smile had made Aurora recognize where she was from—Aria was the girl she had seen practicing archery in the fields while she and Annabeth approached the beach. She was way prettier up close.

Aurora took a breath. "I'm Aurora! I'm not lost—I was actually looking for an Apollo kid—not anybody specific."

"You're talking to one, if it helps," Aria informed while leading Aurora to a small table and chair set that was in the corner of the cabin. Aurora was a little caught in a haze—part of her was wondering if all Apollo kids were as pretty as Aria—another part of her was convinced that she was an Apollo child considering how similar she and Aria looked, although Aurora's hair was slightly more straight.

"So, how can I help?" Aria asked while sitting across from the girl. Aurora didn't know how to put this, she couldn't have exactly gone, 'I'm Apollo's daughter because I had a prophecy about a boy!' The nervous girl cleared her throat. "Um. I think Apollo might be my dad." Before Aurora could continue on with her theory, a giggle had escaped the mouth of Aria. It wasn't a rude giggle, but it definitely wasn't one that helped Aurora feel any more fearless.

It took a few seconds for the awkward tension between her and Aria to clear up. "Aurora—don't get me wrong. You're really pretty and seem amazing, but . . . from an Apollo kid, you aren't really the type to be the daughter of the god who writes haikus." Suddenly, it felt like the air was so much thinner, and Aurora could breathe properly. It was a little odd, just a few minutes ago, she had been wishing to be the daughter of Apollo, his children seemed so careless. But another part of her was relieved that Apollo wasn't her father—could you imagine the kindest god not claiming his daughter?

The sun felt more warm as Aurora returned Aria's smile. "So you're saying I'm not Apollo's daughter?" Aria spun the arrow in her hand carefully. "Yep! I do feel like you're somehow close to Apollo, it might just be me, though. I hope you do figure out who your parent is," she confirmed.

Before the relieved girl could thank Aria, someone had caught her attention at the entrance of the Apollo cabin. Luke had been standing at the doorway and mimicking a bird's chirp while secretly looking at Aurora. Her gentle eyes flickered between Aria and Luke, finally settling for Aria. "I should probably go. Thank you so much, though," she politely smiled.