﹒౨ৎ﹒echidna believes in gentle parenting

𝛢𝐹𝑇𝛦𝑅𝐺𝐿𐒆𝑊 , 𝑎𝑐𝘵 𝘰𝑛𝑒

chap nine

❝No. I'm in a death-like sleep and waiting for my fairy godmother to wake me up with a true love's kiss. Did I mention that I'm blonde?❞

Aurora laid on the floor, separated from the son of Poseidon by a pillow wall, and the train was filled with the sound of footfall and gentle snores. Aurora never had trouble falling asleep, which likely explained the anxious feelings she got whenever she got eye bags. However, she had trouble sleeping on the train. She missed the sound of snores in the entire cabin; they made her feel secure.

A nudge from the pillow wall realized she wasn't the only one unable to sleep. Another nudge followed before the voice that belonged to Percy whispered, "You awake?" Aurora slowly sat up, brushing her hair back, "No. I'm in a dead-like sleep and waiting for my fairy godmother to wake me up with a true love's kiss. Did I mention that I'm blonde?"

Percy fought a smile, "Welcome to the team."

The daughter of Artemis tugged on her jeans, which were very cute but extremely hard to sleep in, wondering why hypnos weren't blessing her with the ability to get a good night's rest. Percy sat up beside the girl, now able to look at her—at least all that he could see in the dark. The moonlight did a decent job of lighting up the room, though.

"What was that vision about? The one you told Annabeth about the day of Capture the Flag," he asked with hesitation, the day playing back in his mind. Aurora stared at the gleaming moon, tensing at the thought of the vision. She still hadn't figured out what it meant and why she had it, let alone if she was allowed to tell Percy about it. "I don't know if I can tell you," she mumbled. It wasn't a lie, but it wasn't exactly the truth.

"Why? Was I super hot?"

"No."

"Cool?"

"No."

"Talented?"

"No."

". . . Great kis-"

Aurora sent him a threatening look "Percy, if you say what I think you're going to I swear to gods that you will never see the light of day again." Percy could sense the threatening tone in her speech even if her look wasn't quite evident, now understanding why the Hermes kids were scared to flirt with her. Ripping a hand through his hair, he asked, "Are you going to tell me ever?"

"I'm not sure," Aurora answered. A part of her wished she was dreaming, that the gods were at peace and she was just living her life at the camp. Compared to everything going on right now, it looked easy. Slowly, the moonlight's angle changed and shifted towards Aurora. He turned to look at her and saw that she had appeared anxious. It was the first time he had ever seen her appear as though she had lost hope in life.

Percy wondered if he had said something wrong before taking a breath. He laid back down and tore down a pillow so he could still see her. "I don't think I understand the Reputation lore; tell me more." Aurora's eyes glowed as soon as he said the word "reputation." The boy looked up, grinning like a devil.

This was certainly going to be a long night.

🫐•°. *࿐

The sun slowly rose, and the sky painted a deep amber, which was a reminder of Autumn. Aurora felt calm at the thought of Autumn, soon, this would all be over and she'd return to the girl she considered her older sister.