﹒౨ৎ﹒grover in his ariana grande era?

𝛢𝐹𝑇𝛦𝑅𝐺𝐿𐒆𝑊 , 𝑎𝑐𝘵 𝘰𝑛𝑒

chap five

Tell Hades that I'm more of an Apollo girl, emo's aren't my type.

The car had taken at least an hour to arrive at the bus station that would bring them to Los Angeles, the gang was already exhausted from the uncomfortable car ride. Aurora had tipped the driver 25 cents before exiting the car and stretching, smoothing out her wrinkled, low-waisted baggy jeans the best she could. It was around seven thirty when the store's began to open. A coffee shop named 'LUKE'S' had the smell of waffles and coffee flowing out the windows and into the bus Chiron had told them to board.

A man coughing could be heard through the door, which was soon followed by the sound of a toilet struggling to flush. The demigods must've had very poor luck as the man exited the bathroom and walked down the aisle. Percy held his breath and turned his head to Aurora, who had sprayed her sleeve with a light perfume and held it to her nose while staring out the window.

"There is no way that's what sacred smells like," the blonde boy murmured when it was safe to breathe again. Annabeth leaned over into the aisle, turning to face him. "We're soldiers on a mission. It's not a vacation," she sarcastically said. Aurora could've sworn that the smell was making her hallucinate the moment she saw a dinosaur crushing a McDonald's on the field they were passing.

"Thank you for clearing that up," Percy said in the same sarcastic tone. "But if this is so important, why didn't Chiron spring for plane tickets? This seems sort of low priority, doesn't it?" He asked. Annabeth shook her head and leaned back while Aurora turned to him, "You're a forbidden child, idiot. Zeus would fry you like chicken if he knew that you were on a plane, not to mention that he thinks you stole his masterbolt. Did nobody tell you?" Percy looked ahead, annoyed with the situation. "Yeah. No one mentioned that."

After a few minutes, the bus had stopped at a gas station. Annabeth stood out in the aisle. "Okay, I'm gonna go get us some snacks," informed Annabeth. Aurora stood up, "I'll come in case you need help with any monsters." Percy immediately stood up as well, willing to take any moment he could away from the horrifying smell from the bathroom behind them. Aurora sarcastically laughed before sitting the boy back down, "Not happening."

"Why? It smells terrible back here," Percy argued as Annabeth prepared the money in her hand. Aurora leaned on the seat. "Exactly. That's why you need to stay here. Monsters can't smell you through that, Grover will stay too." Percy wasn't willing to stay on the bus, not if he was going to have to inhale the smell of eighty dirty diapers. The forbidden child proposed a new idea: "I want to vote. Who thinks that we should all go get to breathe fresh air and buy our own snacks?"

Aurora narrowed her eyes, "Cute, but Annabeth isn't dumb enough to let you out, and Grover is your . . . friend, so he'll side with you. In case you can't do the math, which I highly doubt, it brings us back to square one. Chips and soda okay with you guys?" Grover's eyes shifted to Percy and Aurora with each word uttered, and he began to feel pressured to do something. So, the boy thought back to his uncle.

Grover began slow-clapping before Percy could reply with a snarky comment. The three half-bloods turned to look at the satyr, who had still been slow-clapping, all of them were silent for the first time since they had left camp. "I really don't want to be a tiebreaker," Grover admitted, still clapping. "I have a better idea," he added. Annabeth questioned whether or not he was sane as she held the money in her hands.