﹒౨ৎ﹒rory and jackson take down batman wannabe

𝛢𝐹𝑇𝛦𝑅𝐺𝐿𐒆𝑊 , 𝑎𝑐𝘵 𝘰𝑛𝑒

chap seven

I wonder if Medusa likes the album Reputation.❞

One of the very few people who saw Aurora for who she was and didn't consider her Aphrodite's daughter only because of her charm was Annabeth, who was gazing at her as if she were a finished painting or a mystery she had finally figured out. It was surprising, though, as she had always imagined Artemis had no children other than her huntresses. Not to mention that, unlike Artemis's huntresses, who were forbidden from falling in love, Aurora firmly believed in the power of love.

In a matter of seconds, the moon vanished and was replaced by the gleaming sun, turning the formerly dark night sky back to a pale blue. When the sun came out again, she glanced down at her necklace and saw the glistening, smooth crescent-shaped moonstone. Her connection to animals and music, her bond with the Apollo kids—everything had made more sense, it was because of Artemis.

Did this mean she would never get to experience love? The girl was terrified by the possibility—she had wished to feel love and it seemed like it had been snatched away from her, as when you wake up from a dream you will never remember. Her fingertips traced the ice cold stone that was shaped like a crescent moon that sat just below her collarbone. She had always assumed being claimed would feel ethereal; instead, it felt like a fleeting memory that would go as soon as the sun set.

"Looks like the secret is out, we should head back inside," Medusa said in a soothing yet intimidating tone—it wasn't as if they had an option. Alecto had watched them from across the drive away, her eyes fixated on Aurora suspiciously. Annabeth didn't say a word as she followed beside Aurora who had been entering the house cautiously, still intrigued about the Artemis situation. "Something must be burning, would you come help me in the kitchen?" Medusa sighed as the smell of burning sugar overpowered the fragrance of hamburgers. Annabeth sent a sidelong glance at Aurora, warning her not to do it. Aurora on the other hand was extremely curious to find out if Medusa had any more information.

Aurora sent an apologetic look to Annabeth before following the older women, if Medusa desired to hurt her then she probably would have done it already. And a little part of her had wondered if she was failing herself if she didn't take risks—after all, she came on the mission to prove to everybody that she wasn't just a fearful appealing demigod.

Through an archway, the girl trailed behind Medusa into the kitchen, where fruits were perfectly arranged on the table. Medusa scurried over to the stove, where a pot of something sweet-smelling was burning. Medusa's back faced Aurora, who had been tapping the hem of her loose jeans uncomfortably. Aurora took a breath, "I—I'm not usually like that. I'm not rude is what I mean."

Although she didn't intend on getting on Medusa's good side, she couldn't help but feel uncomfortable at the idea that someone would view her as impolite and assume that she frequently snaps. Everyone became enraged. She simply was unable to be 'everyone', she never had the option of showing any emotion that was negative, so when she ever felt angry or sad, she ignored herself; forbidding herself from expressing being upset due to her years of perfecting herself for Aphrodite. According to Aphrodite, people wanted a girl who was sweet, kind, and fun. Aurora was just beginning to have enough of that stereotype.

"It's okay," Medusa reassured. Her voice was so soothing for someone so scary. "Aurora, you should be more selective about the friends you choose. Particularly given the power you hold as Artemis's daughter," the woman forewarned, stirring a fragrant substance in a saucepan.