﹒౨ৎ﹒percy falls for aurora

𝛢𝐹𝑇𝛦𝑅𝐺𝐿𐒆𝑊 , 𝑎𝑐𝘵 𝘰𝑛𝑒

chap ten

❝Watch me.❞

"We aren't going to be able to outrun them for very long," Grover worried as they paced down an alleyway in a hurry.

Aurora tied her shoelaces while attempting to keep up with the others, "We could just fight back? It's an oversized dog and an old woman who seems not to know what wrinkle-resistant cream is, we have your goat abilities, Annabeth's intelligence, and my light bending."

Percy frowned. "What about me?"

"Okay, maybe all of us aren't that useful."

"Hey!"

Annabeth shook her head, "Save the arguing for later. We need to find a safe place to hide." Percy glared at Aurora, who innocently shrugged. "Any ideas on where we can find one of those?" Percy questioned. Annabeth took a breath and said, "I do. A sanctuary, dedicated to Athena, built by one of her demigod children a long time ago."

Aurora was hesitant at the idea of entering Athena's temple. She had heard rumors of Athena's pickiness for people, and considering the fact she had sympathized with Medusa's story a few times, give or take, there was a possibility Athena was fond of her.

"There is an Athenian temple hidden somewhere in the middle of downtown St. Louis?" Grover asked in disbelief.

"Her saltbox house on the coast took her mind off St. Louis," Aurora hummed the lyrics of 'The Last Great American Dynasty.'

"Yes, although it's not all that hidden," Annabeth confirmed.

The half-bloods and satyr continued to walk down the street cautiously as a popular tourist area came into their view. Aurora had read about it in several books but never got the chance to see it in person. Though she could've sworn the monument was closer to the ocean that was promised to be right under it.

The Arch.

"It's 630 feet wide and 630 feet tall, both to within an inch. It's got no internal support. Each side is balanced perfectly against the other. The arch is held up by symmetry. It's held up by math," Annabeth passionately explained, walking down the steps, around a large water fountain, and into the temple. Aurora furrowed her eyebrows. "Could we save the math talk for after breakfast? My brain already hurts." Annabeth rolled her eyes.

Loads of tourists and locals gathered at the center of the temple as they admitted the history trapped behind glass. Humans were quite odd when it came to praising the gods, who never truly acknowledged their existence.

"This is how you show Athena your love. A monument to the power of perfection," Annabeth admired the temple. Aurora pushed past the tourists, saying, "I'd settle with a little cat, but a monument doesn't sound terrible."

Percy shook his head as Grover stood in the temple in discomfort. The temple seemed to be filled with the bones of animals. "I'm going to go check out if we have another train we can get on," Annabeth informed. Grover glanced up, thankful for the opportunity to get away from all the dead animals. "I'll come!"

The half-blood and satyr disappeared into the crowd, while Aurora and Percy remained behind. Aurora seemed to be drawn to a hairpin that sat behind the glass box, the hairpin seemed familiar, her eyes looking down to search for information about the artifact. A gold-thin rectangular explanation note was screwed onto the table.