﹒౨ৎ﹒is uncle ferdinand a pedo?

𝛢𝐹𝑇𝛦𝑅𝐺𝐿𐒆𝑊 , 𝑎𝑐𝘵 𝘰𝑛𝑒

chap eight

You don't even know what impertinent means, you idiot!

Aurora really was beginning to want to commit murder.

Aside from the fact she quite literally participated in murdering a woman with snakes for hair, she had scuffed her new converses. Was that a valid reason to want to commit murder? Well—is there ever really a valid reason?

Percy and Aurora descended the basement stairs and approached Grover and Annabeth, who was standing there with a hand on Grover's shoulder and Grover wearing a sorrowful expression on his face. Aurora walked gently up to them and asked, "What's going on?" Grover remained silent and fixed his gaze on the statue in front of him, which Aurora soon realized was a satyr.

Grover muttered the name, "Uncle Ferdinand," as if he'd pass out if he said it any louder. "Oh no,"  Percy sympathetically said. Aurora felt a little bad since she had thought Grover had made Uncle Ferdinand up to stop her and Percy from fighting earlier. In all honesty, the name sounded like one that belonged to a pedophile.

However, the girl disregarded her ideas of Uncle Ferdinand being a pedophile and gently placed a hand on Grover's back.

"Grover, I'm so sorry." Annabeth said her condolences; she wasn't a stranger to death, so she had a good idea of what Grover had been feeling. Grover continued to face the lifeless statue of his uncle, "This is as far as he got on his quest. We aren't even to Trenton. But look at him. He's not like the others; he—he doesn't look afraid." A few seconds of silence passed before Grover wiped his eyes and turned to Percy and Aurora. "You used the, um, you used the head to get rid of Alecto?"

"Yes," Percy replied right away, as if he had been waiting for the conversation to shift, the tension in the room starting to feel oppressive. Thinking back to the Artemis vision, Aurora started to question whether it was real. She had never experienced any other visions, aside from the one of Percy, which she hadn't yet shared with him. How come Artemis would show her the fight, and why would she show her right after Medusa had found Percy?

Questions were nothing new to Aurora; what was new were the questions she was unable to answer for herself. She also questioned whether it was worth it to be claimed now that she was aware that she would be having to deal with people trying to kill her since she was Artemis' daughter. Aside from that, did this imply that she would be skilled with a bow and arrow?

Her mind raced with memories of her botched attempt at using a bow and arrow and her unintentional shot of a man dressed like a waffle, deciding it would be best for everybody if she stuck to bows for hair, tracing a pink bow in her pocket. the girl did wonder how she could have been so unaware that Artemis may be her mother, especially after some guy had told her that her aura was moonstone. To be fair, he did look pretty high.

"Can we now discuss this larger issue?" Pulling the brunette out of her reverie, Annabeth questioned. "What is the bigger problem?" Percy answered incoherently. Annabeth turned to face Aurora,  waiting for an answer to Percy's question, but for the first time in what seemed like forever, Aurora had no answer. Other than taking part in murder, which was terrible, she didn't think she did anything wrong.