﹒౨ৎ﹒always the blondes

𝛢𝐹𝑇𝛦𝑅𝐺𝐿𐒆𝑊 , 𝑎𝑐𝘵 𝘰𝑛𝑒

chap four

I've got the eye of a lion!

Aurora pushed through bushes and was scratched by thorns a few times. A leaf had caught in one of her braids as she had been rustling through a pile of sticks. The girl looked down at her map nervously, noticing her map was different from the path she was on. Anxious, she leaned on a tree and tried not to panic. 

As she regained her breath, a bush began shaking. With caution, she drew her sword slowly without taking her eyes off of the bush. She began wondering if she was going to regret not taking the sword-fighting classes Luke had offered her, but she held her sword at the bush fearfully. 

The bush continued to shake before a familiar deer poked its head out, and soon its whole body excited the bush. The deer seemed to have a few cuts from thorns, but nothing that evidently put the deer in intense pain. The curious half-blood's eyes trailed to the deer's leg, and to her surprise, the deer had her ribbon on its leg.

Memories of the day in the woods with Luke when she helped the deer replayed in her mind, and soon enough she could recognize the baby deer. Her eyes lit up when the deer looked like it recognized her, the ribbon falling off of its leg at that very moment and revealing a mostly healed cut on the deer's leg. 

"You stayed?"

The deer bowed its head a little as if it had understood her before slowly approaching her and turning away, beginning to walk off. Aurora frowned and also began walking away, but a chilling and regal voice had pierced through her thoughts: "Follow the fawn." The voice was familiar; she had immediately recognized it from the day she was in the woods with Luke.

The brunette looked over her shoulder and noticed the baby deer had still been visible. Reluctantly, she followed the spotted animal. As she followed it, it walked quicker, hopping over several logs without any effort. Despite her taking shorter breaths to keep up with the animal, the deer didn't seem to care and continued with the pace. 

The fawn hopped over a final log and walked around a few trees before stopping in its tracks. Aurora frowned before the deer had turned around—no longer facing her—and bowed down, motioning to the now clearer path that had no logs, sticks, bushes, or trees in the way of her journey. A smile slowly appeared on her face as she knelt down and picked a few blueberries from a bush off to the corner and held them out in her hands.

The deer slowly approached her and held its head low as if it were going to eat out her hands until something startled it. 

A boy ran out from nowhere and collided with Aurora, the two falling to the ground. The deer made a startled noise before running off, Aurora's sword being knocked out of her hands. "Hey!" She exclaimed, immediately picking up the wood sword and regaining her balance, holding it at the blonde boy on the ground. It had taken a few seconds for her to process who it was.

"You?" She said it with a tone of annoyance and disgust in her voice, lowering her sword as Percy panted. He narrowed his eyes at her, "Don't sound too disappointed. Clarisse is coming," he managed to say while taking short and panicked breaths. Aurora frowned when she realized the deer had run away, hoping it hadn't gotten hurt in the process. "What? Where's Annabeth?"