76. St. Mungo's

"Don't we all have an ability?" I ask a bit too sarcastically. The twins stifle a laugh as I lean back in my chair. I thank Mrs. Weasley sheepishly as she hands me a cup of tea and sits next to me.

"You're a bit more special than us, dearie," she adds. "We've heard about your dreams."

I turn my head to look at Hermione, who then turns away from my gaze in embarrassment. "Sorry," she whispers. When she gains more confidence, she turns back to me with a pleading expression. "You have to understand, Valentine, that I knew what you were! I had to tell someone to confirm."

"So all of you know something about me that I don't know?" I ask impatiently. "Would anyone like to tell me what that is?"

All heads turn to Mrs. Weasley, who then looks angrily at Sirius. "I wanted to wait until Remus could explain, but by all means!"

Sirius sighs and leans against the counter. His only focus is on me as he looks at me curiously. "What did you see earlier? In the room?"

Everyone's heads turn back to me. I feel like they're watching a tennis match and I'm the unlucky rookie that got paired against a professional. "I don't know, really. It was so strange."

My mind turns over all the things that I need to explain. "My dreams before... they predicted the future. Well, the one about the tournament. Now there's this other one that hasn't happened yet, but I have a strong feeling that it will," I explain. My eyes are focused on the table as my fingers tap against the wooden table. "But earlier? I mean... I thought I saw people. They were right in front of me. I could smell the food; hear the laughter."

"She saw people in the abandoned street," George says. Sirius looks worried but quickly hides it. He pulls out the chair opposite of me and I try to ignore Mrs. Weasley's attempts to comfort me.

"Valentine, you must know that the street was attacked. Muggles are explaining it as a terrorist attack, but we know it was more. We believe death eaters suspect our whereabouts and were searching for us," Sirius gravely states. "An explosion occurred and the fire spread to the surrounding buildings. Total chaos followed."

My heart sinks at his words. So this isn't a prank. Am I crazy? Will they lock me away forever for what they call "an ability?" I search Sirius's face but there's no sign of any humor. "What does this mean?" I ask.

"Tell us what you saw in the bedroom," Sirius presses. He's not one to beat around the bush, is he? "It will confirm if our suspicions are correct."

I shrug at his words. "But it doesn't make sense!" I exclaim. Ginny and Hermione jump at my sudden tone change and Ron shifts in his chair. "I saw..." I hesitate, remembering that the adults are unaware of me going to meet Draco in the summer. What harm will it do if they can actually tell me what they think is the truth?

"Over the summer, I met with Draco at a coffee shop not far from here," I begin. Fred crosses his arms and a few glances are given to him but everyone stays silent. "When I touched the photograph, we were in line again and I felt like someone was looking. Like some wicked force was there with us. I hadn't felt it at that time, but I felt it today. The same feeling I had in the alley with George."

I take another deep breath before I continue. "Then I finally found the man who was staring at me."

"What did he look like?" Sirius asks. His tone is raised anxiously as he leans forward in his chair. "Valentine, this is crucial. What did he look like?"

My bottom lip begins to quiver as I remember. His gross smile - the words he was mouthing to me. The dead black eyes glaring at me, looking directly into my soul.