6

NATIONAL ANTHEM

Jack walked to his second period class, stopping at his locker on the way. A group of guys his age stood beside him, talking about the party a few days prior. " Yeah, did you see Trevor's sister? Where has he been hiding her".

The other three guys laughed, nodding their heads in agreement. " Apparently she was all over Brock in the basement, that's what he's told people. Who knew she would give it up so easily". They all walked off, Jack staring at the back of his locker. He couldn't believe what they were saying, even if she was with that guy, why do they need to make comments about it? He decided to ignore it, unless it came up again.

" Hey Jack", Jade said as she walked by with a few of her friends. The boy sent her a nod and a smile, her friends looking at Jade, a look of shock on their face.

" You know Jack Hughes?", a girl named Lily asked her. Jade nodded, " He's like, so cute. And he's amazing at hockey. You do know that right?".

" She knows, Lily. She is Trevor's sister", the other girl, Mia spoke. Jade chuckled, agreeing with them both. She said goodbye, arriving in her science class. Thankfully she sat beside some other girl in her grade, and not one of the random guys.

" Hey, Annie", Jade smiled. The brunette smiled back, both of them getting their textbooks out.

" How was the party on Friday?", Annie asked with a smirk.

Jade shrugged, " It was alright".

" That's it? How was Brock? Was it good? Be honest",

" Wait, what", Jade said looking at her weirdly.

Annie laughed, " He's told everyone you guys fucked. You did, didn't you?".

" No!", she said loudly. Her teacher looked at them,          " Sorry".

" Oh, I'm sorry Jade. I just thought you did, since he's told everyone at school almost".

Jade felt tears in her eyes, " It's fine. If anyone asks you, please tell them we didn't".

" Of course", Annie said quietly. Jade asked to go to the washroom, almost running out of class.

She locked herself in the stall, gripping her hair slightly. God, she felt stupid. How could she think Brock just wanted to talk. They didn't even come close to kissing, let alone have sex. Jade wanted to curl up in a ball and hide forever, but she couldn't let him get away with it.

Quickly checking herself in the mirror, she walked back to her class. Thankfully they were just doing a work period, so it was pretty quiet. " You need to get back at him, like majorly", Annie suggested.

" How though?".

Annie shrugged, " If you don't talk to him about it and get him to stop, then if someone asks you, just say it was only like 20 seconds. I'm sure he'll shut up once that gets back to him".

Jade laughed, " Good idea. But I'm just gonna try and talk to him about it. Maybe he won't be a dick".

After that period, Jade walked to where she knew Brock's locker was. He stood there with his friends, all talking about something. " Hey, Brock".

Brock looked at her, his face dropping slightly. His friends all smirked at him, " Sup, Jade".

" Can you stop telling people we fucked? It's embarrassing for me, I don't want people thinking I'd do that with someone like you".

His friends all looked at him, the boy laughing awkwardly. " Don't know what you're talking about".

Jade rolled her eyes, " Okay, if someone asks me, I'll make sure to let them know it was the worst 20 seconds of my life. Sound good?".

Brock shook his head, " Alright, fine. Sorry".

She heard his friends say quiet ' what the fuck' s to him, the girl laughing at how embarrassed Brock must me. Jade passed by Jack, who leaned against Isabella's locker. She looked at him with disappointment, the boy quickly standing up straight and following her.

" Jade, wait", he said, " Wanna go for lunch?".

" Ask Isabella", Jade said as she continued walking. Jack sighed, watching as the younger girl walked off and turned the corner.

a/n
I love updating
this book sm