27

NATIONAL ANTHEM

Jade leaned against the counter at her work, flipping through one of the magazines that they were selling.

She had just gotten back from her trip last night, and was booked for a shift right at 9 am this morning.

The girl jumped slightly at the boy appearing in front of her, a huge smile on his face.

" J, what are you doing up at this hour", she said as a huge smile came onto her face as well.

Jack shrugged, " I haven't seen in you in forever. Wanted to see you as soon as I could",

" Why are you actually up this early?",

" I have a practice. But, this was on the way", he laughed as he shrugged, " Might as well say hi",

Jade shook her head, " See you later?",

He nodded, quickly leaving since he was obviously now going to be late.

The girl couldn't stop smiling as he left, still not believing that Jack was really hers.

It felt like a dream to her. Being with the guy in a grade above her, who also happened to be the best hockey player on the USA team.

She couldn't believe that Jack would even be with someone like her. She didn't do any sports, so she wasn't sure why Jack would choose her out of all the girls he knew.

Jade felt like she was constantly questioning it, when she knew she shouldn't be. Jack makes it clear that he wants her and only her.

Jade believed him, since he seemed utterly obsessed with the younger girl. He never even hung out with his friends anymore, which she felt slightly responsible for.

Jack couldn't care less about seeing his friends, who he sees everyday at practice.

Jade was his number one. She was before they even started dating, and his friends were used to it.