12

NATIONAL ANTHEM

Jade walked into the house, Emma right beside her. They decided not to ride with the guys tonight, not being ready when they were leaving.

" I'm nervous", Jade said as they walked to the kitchen.

Emma raised an eyebrow, " Why? We've been to parties before?".

" Yeah, I don't know. Feels weird", the blonde shrugged.

Emma nodded, handing her a drink from the fridge. Alex came over to the fridge, saying hi to them quickly before wandering off.

" Hey! You guys look amazing", Sara, a girl they were friends with smiled at them. " I love your costumes, fairies obviously?".

" Yeah, thanks! You look good, is someone else doing a cop with you?", Emma smiled.

Sara nodded, " Yeah, my friend Lily. It was nice to see you guys, we should hangout soon?".

" For sure", Jade nodded. The taller girl walked off, Emma and Jade shrugging.

Jack stood with Cole, Trevor and Alex. They were all trying some sort of drink Trevor made, which was just a bunch of random things from his parent's bar mixed together.

" Z, never again. I'm begging", Alex gagged.

Trevor laughed, " It's good! You're all a bunch of pussies I swear".

" Zegras! What's that you got there?", Andrew said loudly as he walked over to them. He grabbed the bottle, taking a large sip. " Pretty good".

" Exactly!", Trevor said.

Jack had an annoyed look on his face, Andrew continuing to talk to them before walking off.

" You invited Andrew?", Jack said and looked at Cole.

He shrugged, " I invited the whole team, what's wrong with Andrew?".

" Uh, nothing", the blonde shook his head.

Alex looked over at him, Jack leaving the group to themselves. Cole looked at Trevor who just shrugged, encouraging them to drink more from the bottle.

Jade stood in the kitchen, talking with some guy she bumped into.

" What's your name? Sorry, I don't recognize you".

He smiled, " Andrew. You're Jade, right?".

Jade nodded, " Are you in grade 11? That's probably why I haven't seen you".

" I'm actually already graduated, staying an extra year for sports and stuff", he nodded.

" Oh, that's cool. Makes sense why I don't recognize you then", she laughed.

Andrew shrugged and laughed, " Yeah, probably".

Jade smiled, feeling the alcohol start to take control of her body. It was only 11, and Emma's mom wasn't coming until 1.

" Want to do a shot?", she asked. Andrew raised his eyebrows at her, giving her a nod.

Pouring it into the small shot glasses, she clinked their glasses together before tilting her head back. The liquid left a sting in her throat, Jade coughing a bit before looking over at the older boy.

" Here, have some water", he suggested.

Jade scoffed, " It's a party, Andrew. I'll just get another drink".

The pink tank top and skirt fit her body perfectly, the last of her somewhat tan skin fading as winter started to settle in. Andrew watched as she grabbed them both another drink from the fridge, offering to hangout in the basement where it was a bit quieter.

Andrew placed his hand on the girls lower back, Jade not thinking anything of it as they walked down the stairs. The basement wasn't completely empty, people playing beer pong.

" So, tell me about yourself", he said as they sat down.

Jade shrugged, " Uh, I wanna go into modelling or something like that? I don't really talk about myself that much so".

" You could model, you're extremely beautiful. You would do great".

The blonde felt her face heat up, smiling a bit at the boy. Andrew sent her a wink, his arm going around her waist as Jade got closer to his side.

" What about you?", she said and looked up at him.

Andrew shrugged, " No clue. That's part of the reason I stayed another year. I wanna figure it out before I actually dedicate more years to whatever I wanna do".

Jade had been hanging out with the older boy for a couple hours, and she felt like she was in the clouds. They had gotten more drinks, and also smoked with one of his friends. She usually didn't do this stuff, but Andrew was older, and she wanted to impress him.

" I don't feel good, I think I'm gonna go", she said as she began to walk back upstairs.

Andrew grabbed her hand, " No, don't go. We're having so much fun, or I thought we were?".

" I had fun, but I need to go. My friend is probably looking for me".

Jades head felt like it was spinning, " Here, let's get a cloth to put on your head".

Andrew led her into the bathroom, shutting the door and placing her on the counter. He grabbed a towel from under the sink, running it under the tap and gently tapping her forehead.

" Thanks", she mumbled. Andrew placed his hand on her waist, placing a kiss to her cheek.

" You're so beautiful", he mumbled against her neck. Jades eyes widened as he left a trail of kisses down her neck, his lips attached to her chest.

" Andrew, get off, please", Jade said as she took the towel from his hands and attempted to shove him off.

He ignored her, hungrily kissing her lips. His hands roamed her body, the girl feeling her eyes tear up. Jade used all the strength in her body, shoving him back and into the wall behind him.

" You're insane!", he said loudly.

Jade got off the counter, quickly leaving the bathroom. She began crying, her vision going blurry as she climbed up the stairs.

The amount of alcohol and weed in her system made it more difficult, but she eventually made it up the stairs.
Jade groaned as she bumped into someone, her eyes too blurry to be able to tell who it was.

" J! Are you okay? What happened".

Jack grabbed her softly, the girl calming herself down at his gentle touch. He led her into the upstairs bathroom, placing his hands on her shoulder and crouching slightly so his eyes met hers.

" J, talk to me, please", he said as he wiped under her eyes.

Jade took a few breaths, " Some Andrew guy. I thought he wanted to hangout, and he helped me in the bathroom cause I felt really sick, but he kept kissing me all over and touching me and"-

She began crying again, Jacks eyes darkening at the mention is his name. He didn't worry about that right now, and quickly wrapped his arms around the girl. Jade cried into his chest, leaving tear stains on his shirt.

" I'm gonna take you home, okay?".

" I can't go home. I'm supposed to go to Emma's. My mom can't know what happened", she cried.

Jack blinked, " You can come to my house. Stay in my room, I'll stay in the guest room. Come on".

a/n

I hate men 🗣️