Swap

Catnap found himself waking up a bit earlier than expected, curious as to why until he quickly found out what disturbed his sleep.

Dogday's tail. It kept getting in his face, slowly waking him up. Catnap blinked a couple times before he sat up, gently pushing the tail over.

"Mmm...keep your tail to yourself, silly.."

Catnap mumbled tiredly, a bit of sunlight creeping into the room the two slept in.

His eyes widened however when he turned over looked towards Dogday.

Something was very, VERY off.

'Dog'day's ears were pointed upwards, almost like Catnap's. In fat, they weren't very dog-like at all. They appeared to be a cat's ears if anything.

Not to mention his tail. It was quite long and thin, which did explain why Catnap felt it brushing him so much.

Catnap gently slapped himself to check if he was really awake. This had to be a dream, right?

Well...he didn't wake up. That, and it felt a little too real to be a dream anyways.

He had no idea how this happened, it was...weird to say the least.

But if Dogday changed...couldn't he have changed as well? He was sleeping in the same bed as him, afterall. Maybe whatever swapped Dogday's species could have affected him as well.

A little concerned about this, Catnap decided to head to the bathroom to check, just to be certain.

He lazily got out of bed, and slowly walked towards the bathroom, his eyes still half open.

Despite the rather bizzare sight, he still felt just as tired as he normally would during mornings. At least Dogday was getting some good sleep, though.

Although he hates to admit it in front of the others, mainly due to not wanting to worry them, being the leader does take its toll on him from time to time.

Especially when a big issue occurs while he's dealing with some of his own. He would often go to Catnap for advice on it, or just for some comfort, someone to reassure him and make him feel better.

Catnap did wish he could do a bit more, though Dogday has always told him that just simply being there for him and helping distract him was enough.

Still...Catnap wasn't quite sure if he fully agreed with that himself. Ah well. Something is better than nothing, right?

Catnap flicked the light switch, brightening the room as the lights flashed on, making Catnap squint his eyes slightly. He closed the bathroom door behind him afterwards.

He stopped walking, turning and looking into the mirror to see if anything has changed.

To his partial surprise, some things did! Sort of.

His ears were now flopped downwards in a similar manner to Dogday's ears, although smaller, to be more fitting to Catnap himself.

He decided to look down at his rear to see if his tail had changed as well. As expected, it did. It was rather similar to Dogday's own regular tail, although it was a bit thinner and shorter than his normal one.