The Heretic

I know this isn't the cartoon versions, but I wanted to share this!

I may delete it later but for now, enjoy!

Of course, this is its an seperate part and is not canon to anything else.

The cold, harsh air of the factory hit the canine once the larger feline lifted him up by his mouth. As any normal unsuspecting cat would.
But the canine knew better. He knew that Catnap wasn't to be trusted EVER again. Not after what he's done for that monster.

The Prototype. He took his friend away from him. He filled his mind with...Poppy knows what, and turned him into a twisted, sadistic shell of who he once was. Dogday's best friend, and a valued member of the Smiling Critters.

But...there was nothing the poor dog could do. For some strange...selfish reason, the cat chose to spare him, and only him, adding to the poor Canine's guilt, which only seemed to accompany him in this endless nightmare.

"Catnap...please...not today."

The canine called out weakly. Although the feline had freed him of his chains to carry him, the dog didn't make an effort to escape. He knew that he'd be caught in the end. The cat knew the current state of playcare more intimately than the dog could haved hoped to in years.

But what Catnap had planned wasn't what made the canine beg for his mercy. No. He knew by now that this was Catnap's usual routine.

Chain Dogday. In some cases, talk to him briefly.

Leave him alone. All day. Free Dogday. Pick him up. Carry him some place safe, and then put him sleep, willingly or unwillingly with his Poppy Gas.

Initially, the cat's presence was terrifying, it was as if he were relieving the day where he witnessed the feline murder several of his beloved critter friends.
But then as time passed on...it felt like more of an inconvenience, until the past few days.

Normally, the Poppy Gas would only cause Dogday to wake up with a small headache on some rare occasions. But even since...what day was it? He...couldn't even remember. His heart sank at the thought of that. Sure...he was trapped in a cage all day, but he still had a good memory.

But that was besides the main point. He remembered that on that day, whichever it was, he felt a massive surge of pain in his head. He thought that it may have been an escalated version of the usual headache he experiences, but he quickly learned otherwise.

He began to have...issues that popped up, particularly in his head. He began to think of Catnap as if the Hour Of Joy had never happened. He found himself daydreaming about chatting with him in Home Sweet Home, or playing in the small field in the middle of Playcare.

He thought that it may have been him getting used to the cat's presence, even if he found the thoughts to be a bit repulsive despite their innocent nature. But then his memory began to deteriorate. He could no longer remember some details from the Hour Of Joy, the day that practically sealed his fate.

Forever.

The only memory from that day that he held onto now was the memory of his friends. But even they began to fade. He couldn't remember some details about them.