~16~

The feeling of disappointment, embarrassment and shame hit me hard

The only thing that kept repeating in my mind was how to face everyone after this horrible performance of mine.

Will I be loved by the people just the same as they did before? I do deserve hate after this..

I couldn't resist, but to run over the dressing room and isolate myself in one of those.

It could have been much better start for India, but I fucked up real bad.

The guilt of being the failure for the country is kicking in, I wish never played this match.

I was trying to calm down myself....

there was a knock on the door, as not to create a scene in this situation. Therefore I opened it.

It was Virat, he hugged me and made me understand my worth.

He is the best therapist.

" there are ups and downs in life, but that doesn't defines you fully." Virat explained.

" but this was the first time I ever played in World Cup." I insisted

" first impression isn't always the last impression, you might come back stronger, the next time, When no one could compete you." He said

" I am devastated...." I kept overthinking while looking down.

" this will only effect you mentally, youngsters Are the real gem for our country, one bad performance doesn't defines once ability or what they are capable of think about it wisely." He encouraged me by patting my back.

I sat there, thinking about what he said and it's true...

No one can define what you are capable of by Just one bad performance in your life.

You have a lot of opportunities ahead in future.

Is these chances are used well enough to show case your potential to the world.

That is the day you "won in life."

I put up a smile on my face as to head outside.

As I got up. It was Sara standing at the door.

She ran into me and be holded me in her warm embrace probably the only thing that can help me be emotionally stable.

"Stop crying you kiddo" I laughed.

"You might think this is an act, but.." she sobbed.

"Why would I ?" I questioned her.

"You always think it's fake when I'm really concerned about you?" She let go off my arms.

"It's just that I can't differentiate between when you're really acting and when you're genuine" I replied.

Navya was spying on us, as she was standing at the door.....

.
.
.
.
.
.

By the way, I tried writing poetry for the first time do check it out.