sᴇʀɪᴇs ᴛᴡᴏ ꕥ 008

As Lizzie walked on ahead, spreading a meat track, Dustin and Steve were having a very interesting conversation.

"So let me get this straight," Steve said. "You kept something you knew was probably dangerous in order to impress Lizzie who... already likes you anyway?"

"Alright, that's grossly oversimplifying things," Dustin replied defensively.

"I mean, why would she like the nasty slug anyway? She's a girl," Steve asked, eying Lizzie who was walking ahead of them.

"Um, so?" Dustin asked. "She's amazing, and it's not just any slug, it's an interdimensional slug!"

"Well, even if she thought it was cool, I just- I don't know, I just feel like you're trying way too hard," Steve commented.

"Well not everyone can have your perfect hair, alright?" Dustin said bitingly, clearly jealous.

"Whoa, it's not just about the hair, man!" Steve protested. "The key with girls is just... just acting like you don't care."

Dustin was confused. "Even if you do?"

"Yeah, exactly, it drives them nuts," Steve shrugged.

"Then what?" Dustin was getting excited about (when it came to Lizzie) the crap advice.

"Then you just wait until, uh... uh, you feel it," Steve was having trouble explaining.

"Feel what?" Dustin kept prodding.

"It's like before it's gonna storm, y'know?" Steve said uncomfortably. "You can see it, but you can't feel it, like this, uh... electricity, y'know?"

Dustin said excitedly. "Oh, like the electromagnetic field when the clouds in the atmosphere-"

"No, no, no, no, no, no, no," Steve stopped him. "Like a... a sexual electricity."

"Oh."

"You feel that, and then you make your move."

"So that's when you kiss her?" Dustin raised his eyebrows.

"No, whoa, whoa, whoa, slow down, Romeo!" Steve was almost face palming.

"Sorry."

"Okay, so some girls, yeah, they want you to be aggressive, you know, strong, hot and heavy, like a... I don't know, lion," Steve said.

"Mhm."

"But others, you gotta be slow, you gotta be stealthy, like a... like a ninja," Steve nodded, satisfied with his explanation.

"So... what type is Nancy?" Dustin smirked.

"Whoa! Okay, this is about you, not me!" Steve began, but with one look he crumbled. "Okay, Nancy's different. She's different from other girls."

"Yeah... okay..." Dustin looked down. "So... what type is Lizzie?"

Steve chuckled. "How should I know? You're the one she knows the best!"

Dustin sighed. "I don't know... I've only just started falling for her..."

"Whoa, wait a sec, what?" Steve was shocked as he turned to face the younger boy. "You're falling for Lizzie Johnson?"

Dustin looked down. "No... I mean... kinda... I guess."

"Seriously?" Steve asked.

Dustin sighed. He was falling for Lizzie. Falling hard. But it had been a complete accident that he had told Steve.

"Fabergé," the boy pulled him out of his daze with the word.

"What?"

Steve pointed to his hair. "It's Fabergé Organics. Use the shampoo and conditioner and when you're hair's damp... it's not wet, okay? When it's damp..."