sᴇʀɪᴇs ғᴏᴜʀ ꕥ 14

"Lizzie! What the hell was that?" Dustin yelled from the other dimension.

"You need to get back up there," Steve said, still trying to get Nancy to wake up.

"You sure?" Lizzie asked.

"Yes! Come on! Go!" Steve yelled.

Lizzie panted as she climbed the rope, then felt the weird sensation of climbing up then falling down.

"Listen," she panted, as soon as she touched the mattress, facing everyone. "Remember last year, when I touched El's shoulder and I could go into the void? Remember that? Well, that just happened with Vecna's visions, I was able to- to-"

"Okay, so, will music save her this time?" Robin asked, shaking.

"Yes! I think so! Come on!"

So, whist Robin, Eddie Lucas, Erica and Max shouted and searched for music, Dustin comforted Lizzie, who was close to crying. "I'm okay," she panted. "I'm here."

"It took about ten minutes to realise what had just happened, and another five to convince Steve to pull your hand off her shoulder," Dustin explained to her. "He- he didn't want Nancy to be in there alone, I think."

Lizzie sighed as Robin came back through.

But it didn't matter.

Because Nancy was already awake, hyperventilating, in Steve's arms.

ꕥꕥꕥ

After they got Nancy and Steve out of the Upside Down, Nancy and Lizzie were finally ready to tell everyone what had just happened to them. But before that, they went to Max's trailer. They didn't want to spend loads of time in Eddie's with the gate.

They explained what they had seen with the Creels. How the son was Vecna; 001; Henry, as Nancy had said. Well, that was the Creel's son. But that was Vecna too.

They told the group about the clock. And the black widows. And the attic.

They explained how Victor had been arrested for killing his family, and how they had seen Henry waking up in the hospital with Brenner; getting his tattoo.

Then, apparently Nancy had seen more. And Lizzie stood back for her to say it.

"He... showed me... things that haven't happened yet," she started in a hoarse voice. "The most awful things," she whispered, eyes planted on the floor. "I saw... a dark cloud... spreading over Hawkins. Downtown on fire... dead soldiers. And this... giant creature... with... a gaping mouth. And... this creature wasn't alone. There were so many monsters..." She shook her head. "An army. And... they were coming to Hawkins. Into our neighbourhoods... into our homes... and then...

"He showed me mum," she started to cry. "And Holly... Mike. And they... they were all..." She took a shaky breath.

"Okay... but, he's just trying to scare you, Nance," Steve sighed. "Right? I mean... it's not real."

"It is, though," Lizzie said, tears also in her eyes. "He told me... he told me stuff... stuff I thought wasn't true, but... it was."

"And there was... something else," Nancy took over. "He showed me... gates. Four gates. Spreading across Hawkins. And these gates, they looked like the one outside Eddie's trailer, but... they didn't stop growing. And this wasn't the Upside Down Hawkins... this was our Hawkins" she cried, whispering the last part. "Our home."

"Four times."

Everyone turned to Lizzie.

"Vecna's clock," she elaborated. "It always chimes... four times. Four exactly. Every time."