#7: she is different

"जलन ही तो प्यार की निशानी है,
              हर सच्चे आशिक की यही कहानी है। "     

Rudra's pov

Aarohi has left, but I still can't believe I ask her  that we should date.
But she just said No .
However, I can understand her. She doesn't believe or trust me just because of my past.

On my way to my room, I couldn't stop thinking about how I could earn her trust and convince her that i am serious about her. I tossed and turned all night, unable to sleep because my mind was consumed with thoughts of her. I kept brainstorming ideas to win her trust.

At the same time i was wondering why this  affecting me so profoundly. In past, whenever I met a girl, it never happened that after reaching home, I ever think about that girl.
Uut this time it's different because she is different, Aarohi is different and my love for her is different , unlike I've ever experienced before.

The next morning, I woke up early, got ready, and left a message for Maira stating that I am leaving early today for studies, which obviously isn't the reason. I then went directly to the entrance of Aarohi's building and waited for her at the gate.

About 5 minutes later, she arrived, and she was just looking at me while I smiled like a fool. I don't know why.

(Can you understand that, my readers?)

So, she came directly to me and asked what I was doing there. I simply replied that it was just a coincidence that we met there. You know, I was just passing by, and she laughed. Of course, it's a lie; she knows. Then I suggested that since we met there, we should go to class together. She didn't say anything and started walking, so I walked alongside her.

While walking, I was pondering how to initiate the conversation after what happened last night. I don't know, I was just feeling nervous about what I should say.
I've never felt this way before; I've always been super cool around girls. But this time, this girl just shook my confidence. However, I'm pretty confident that I'll figure something out; we'll be together sometime.
I was lost in these thoughts when suddenly she asked me whether I had studied what she taught the day before yesterday.
I replied yes, of course. Last night, I was just thinking about you..—I mean, I was just going over everything you taught me; I revised it all.

she smiled a little, I could see her lips curving into a smile, but then she withdrew it and said, "Good, you'll get good marks if you study every day."

When we entered the class, I noticed Myra and Teju sitting and talking at the last seat of the usual spot. I was about to tell Aarohi that we'll talk later, but suddenly I heard a voice saying Aarohi's name.
To my surprise, it was the same boy from yesterday, wearing rectangular spectacles and looking grumpy. I don't know why, but I didn't like him.
He approached her and started talking to Aarohi, and they both delved into a topic that I had never heard of.

I kept wondering why Arushi was talking to him like that. I mean, she just kept smiling. I think he must be a comedian or something. Suddenly, I wondered if I should start joking too. Maybe it would work to make her laugh.
But then Myra called me, and I went to her seat and sat there, noticing them still talking.
Myra asked me where I was and why I came with Aarohi today. So, I simply replied, "Just because."

"