#9: First date [part 1]

"Eyes met, a silent symphony began to play,
She was walking towards me , that moment, time itself seemed to sway.

I saw her lips , a smile so true,
In her presence, all else fades from view"

Rudra's pov:

It's already noon, and I'm feeling so confused. I haven't decided what to wear yet as it's my first time going out with Aarohi. And although it's not a date for her, but i know what it meant for me .

I have plenty of dresses, but I'm really unsure of what to choose.
Should I wear goggles? No, that would look awkward. I was considering ripped jeans, but she might think I'm too casual. How should I style my hair? They should look decent, I think.

Considering her personality, she probably prefers a decent look. So, I settled on wearing a shirt with pants, simple shoes, and neatly combed hair with a slightly elevated style. Now, I'm ready.

I was just waiting for her call when suddenly Myra called. She asked if I wanted to meet, but I had to decline. I couldn't tell Myra that I was going out with Aarohi, or she would be angry with me. So, I lied and said I wasn't feeling well, wanted to sleep. And i cut the call.

I received Aarohi's message around
1 pm that she would be ready by 2 pm. I thought, oh no, now I have to wait another hour.

"Why do girls take so much time to get ready? But I can't do anything about it. That one hour was the longest hour of my life till date.

But somehow, that one hour passed, and exactly at 2, I was standing in front of the aarohi's building, waiting for her. I messaged her that I am waiting outside; she said she would be there in a few minutes.

As I stood waiting in front of the building, I watched as the door opened, and there she was, walking towards me with grace.

She wore a lovely midi dress and black sandals, with a charming bracelet on her wrist. Holding her phone in one hand, she walked gracefully, her hair flowing in the breeze. Her smile lit up her face as she looked at me, filling me with warmth.

"She was just coming towards me, and I was staring at her. I didn't realize that she had reached me and was standing in front of me.

But when she called out, 'Oh, hello mister, where have you been lost?' I responded, 'Oh, you are here?'

She then asked, 'Didn't you see me coming?'
But how can i explain her that "'I was just looking at her, only.' And all the background faded away from view, except for her" . So i just smiled.

I just forgot what I wanted to say in her honor about her beauty.

So, I said 'I wanted to say a lot to you but I am just speechless by looking at you."

"And she said, 'You are exaggerating.'
she added, 'But you are looking so good. This shirt and pants suit you.'

And then I thought, 'Yeah... u never know how much time i had taken to finalize this outfit according to your taste"

But i said " i just picked whatever i saw first in my wardrobe".

"But look at you, you're dressed up so nicely, like you're going on a date." I teased her.

But she said no. "I also just pick up whatever I find first in my wardrobe. And it's not a date. Its just a reward coz u listen me and patchup with myra'

Then she asked, "So, where are we going?" And I replied, "Just come with me." I hailed a cab, and in a few minutes, it arrived. We sat in the car and left.