Wait, No! Mom, That Would Be Incest!

(Scary title am I right)
(Don't worry, nothing is actually wrong with this chapter, I promise 😭😭)

Toya lightly grazed his fingers over his aching, bruised cheek, flinching at every touch.

He had been hit by his father again. Toya was in pain all over.

Even after hitting his son, Toya's father still felt angry, so Toya had decided that it would be best to stay somewhere else for the night... Or a few days. Or forever, as his father had told him. He'd also told Toya that he was about to be disowned.

Knowing that Tsukasa was out of the country with his friends, Toya had decided that it would be best to not bother Ms. Tenma. He had texted Akito about staying over and, as expected, the latter seemed fine with it and, if not, happy that Toya would be staying over. Akito told Toya that he'd already asked his parents about the plan, and that they agreed to let the blue-haired boy stay.

Toya was already walking over. He wanted to get as far away from his father as he could, and as quickly as possible. It was almost nighttime, the streets were dim and stained with a dark orange tint.

Where Tsukasa is now, it would be sunrise, I think.

Toya slightly tilted his head so that he was looking up at the sky, the roofs of houses framing his view. The sky was a dull red-orange near where the sun had already sank below the horizon, and was turning more and more into a dark blue-grey the further it was from the sun.

The blue-haired boy gazed at the sky for the rest of the walk to the ginger's house, occasionally looking back down at the houses to check where he was.

Akito had said that he'd be waiting for Toya outside when he came, and he was. The orange-haired boy had been playing with the laces on his hoodie before he'd looked up at Toya. Akito's eyes lit up and he ran over to his partner. Toya's heart fluttered and he started to run as well.

"Yo, Toya!" Akito said, hugging Toya. "So, your father hit you again?"

Toya hugged Akito back, allowing the warmth of the ginger to soak in. "Yeah, he did," Toya answered. "He seemed really pissed this time."

"Yeah, I can see that," Akito let go of Toya and inspected his face. "It shows that you've been hit all over. Your dad's a real dick."

     "He said he'll disown me," Toya admitted. "He's being serious."

     Toya looked again at how expressive Akito's face was. His expression showed so many feelings; anger, hatred, sadness, worry... It was truly amazing.

     The presence of those emotions in Akito's expression did interest him, but it also warmed up his insides and it made him feel fuzzy. Toya was glad to know Akito cared.

"Well, we can talk shit about your dad inside," Akito said. "It's getting dark. And cold. Mostly cold. Also, I kind of don't want to yell swears in the middle of the street. People are gonna think I'm drunk or high or something."

Toya smiled. "Yeah. We don't want that."

The two boys went inside and Ena immediately gave Akito a side eye from the couch, where she was sitting while holding her phone up close to her face.

     "Did Mom and Dad say you're allowed to have your boyfriend over?" Ena said, a barely noticeable teasing tone in her voice. "And hey, Toya."

     "Hello, Ena," Toya waved at the girl.

     "Yes, they did, Ena," Akito rolled his eyes at Ena. "Well, they don't know he's my boyfriend, and I don't want you to tell them!"

     "Why not?" Ena smirked. "Chicken."