The Sort Of Ending We've All Been Wishing For

It had been many years since Wonderlands x Showtime disbanded. They'd decided long ago, before the end of high school, that it time they went their separate ways.

     They still spoke to each other, but not as often as they'd used to when they were still in high school. As adults, they had different responsibilities now.

     Tsukasa and Rui were still dating, and Tsukasa had started staying over with Rui and his mother and Akimitsu, who had been her husband for several months already.

     The two would go out by themselves every now and then, but with Tsukasa's career as an actor and Rui's as a director, there wasn't much time for it.

     Even though he couldn't spend much time with his boyfriend, Rui really did love him. So, he decided he'd pop the question soon. And, after some preparations with the help of Nene and his mother, the time came.

     Rui was alone with Tsukasa in a small park. It was sunny and it was fresh, the perfect weather for a date. The director was trying to muster the courage to ask Tsukasa the question while the actor spaced out, staring up at the sky.

Now.

     "Tsukasa?" Rui said, getting the blonde's attention.

     "Yeah?" Tsukasa smiled at Rui. "What's up?"

Rui pulled out the small box, making sure to do so in a way that kept it out of Tsukasa's sight. Rui fingered the box for a moment, pursing his lips.

     Come on! Spit it out!

"I don't want to be your boyfriend anymore," Rui said, soon insulting himself inwardly for phrasing it like that.

"What?!" Tsukasa looked afraid and heartbroken.

"Because, um..." Rui threw himself down onto one knee and showed his boyfriend the contents of the small box. "Because I want to marry you. Tsukasa, will you... Marry me?"

Tsukasa froze and he stared at Rui in shock as tears of joy began to build up in his eyes. He sprang forward and hugged Rui, pinning his arms down.

"Yes, Rui! Yes, I will marry you!" Tsukasa sniffled into Rui's shoulder.

Rui's heart began to race and he hugged Tsukasa back.

——————————

     "I just thought, well, you're getting married already," Rui's mother sniffled. "And I never told you that you have a half sister."

     "I have a half sister?" Rui repeated, shocked. "How?"

     "Well, one night, while we were still married, your father got drunk, and well..." Ms. Kamishiro shrugged. "He got another woman pregnant. After I found out, things just weren't working between us anymore. We decided that he would go to take care of the child he had that wasn't ours and that I would take care of you. We kept it a secret."

     Rui stared at the woman in disbelief. "Who is she?" He asked.

     "Do you remember Asahina?" Ms. Kamishiro said. "Otori's friend from school that was there when you introduced me to all of Wonderlands x Showtime?"

      Rui blinked at her. "She's my sister? Well, she is a nice person." He started to smile. "I just wish I hadn't found out so late."

     "Better now than never!" Ms. Kamishiro said with a grin.

     "I'm one hundred percent sure that that's not how you use that phrase." Rui chuckled.

——————————