The Question We've Both Been Wanting To Ask

It the morning, and today was tomorrow.

Those two facts were enough to get Tsukasa out of bed. He quickly got changed and rushed downstairs to look for Toya. After all, Toya could probably give him some advice on how to not mess up a first date.

He's been on a date before, right?

Halfway down the stairs, Tsukasa spotted Saki, who was munching on a sandwich that was her breakfast, and Toya, who was minding his own business on the couch.

Gotcha!

"TOYAAA!!" Tsukasa jumped onto the blue-haired boy, who had been peacefully flipping through the pages of a thick chapter book—before he had been assaulted by the future star.

     Saki got startled and choked on her food, coughing and patting her hand against her chest. She only coughed more after she downed a glass of water.

Toya fell onto his side under Tsukasa's weight, closing his book and hugging it against his chest quickly to prevent any damage from being inflicted to its precious, perfect, pure-white pages.

Tsukasa landed on top of Toya in an uncomfortable position with his face buried in the cushions of the furniture.

Well, isn't this pleasant. A face-full of couch. Wonderful way to start the morning. Also, I think I'm squashing Toya's face.

"Please, Tsukasa!" Toya said in a voice muffled by Tsukasa's chest in his face. "Careful, I got this from the library! We can't damage it!"

"Sorry, sorry!" Tsukasa said, his voice subdued from his face being smushed into the couch cushions. Tsukasa sat up and got off of Toya before continuing. "I'm just kind of freaking out right now! I need your help!"

Toya sat up with a sigh. "What is it?" He asked, combing his fingers through his hair, which Tsukasa had messed up by barrelling into him.

Tsukasa abruptly placed both of his hands onto Toya's shoulders, making the blue-haired boy flinch.

"You've been on a date before, right?" Tsukasa looked Toya in the eyes seriously.

"You're going on a date?" Toya asked incredulously, unintentionally insulting Tsukasa.

     "Wait, what?" Saki stared at Tsukasa. "He is?"

"Hey, what's that supposed to mean?!" Tsukasa frowned, his heart dropping into his stomach. "Is it really that hard to believe?"

"No, I didn't mean to insult you!" Toya shook his head. "But, to answer your question, yes, I have. It was more of a chill and casual one, though, and I'm pretty sure you're going to want to go all out to make it perfect."

Tsukasa sighed. "You know me too well," He rubbed the back of his neck. "I guess it won't be of any use to ask you, then."

"I thought so," Toya smiled at Tsukasa. "Sorry I couldn't help you."

     "It's fine," Tsukasa said dismissively. "I'll figure it out!" The blonde ran back up to his room.

     Toya nodded even though he knew the blonde couldn't see it, then turned his attention back to his book, flipping through its pages to find the one he was at before Tsukasa had attacked him. He stopped at his page and began to softly hum the song Mirai while reading.

——————————

Rui was talking to Mizuki again in the school hallway. About what? Random shit, of course! That's what they do!