Rumours

Did he just...

Rui's heart started to rush. He felt like he was going to burst with happiness.

"Yes!" Rui grabbed both of Tsukasa's hands and faced him. "Of course I'll be your boyfriend!"

Tsukasa started to smile widely and he jumped onto Rui, holding him in his arms tightly. Rui's breath was squeezed out of his lungs by the hug.

     Rui hugged Tsukasa back, his cheeks starting to hurt from all of his smiling. Rui buried his face into Tsukasa's neck comfortably. Rui inhaled deeply, dissolving into the hug.

     It happened!

     He was having trouble believing it. The question and everything that came after, even the present moment, felt like a dream. A very nice one.

Rui broke away from Tsukasa and looked him in the eyes. The alchemist could feel his stomach swirling with emotion.

"Are we gonna kiss?" Rui asked jokingly.

Tsukasa laughed softly, understanding Rui's reference. "Rui, what the hell?" He said back, regarding his boyfriend lovingly.

So he still remembers...

And, with that, the two shared their first kiss as a couple under the shimmering moonlight, and they both made sure it lasted long.

——————————

     The blonde had spent another half hour with Rui—his new boyfriend—before finally saying goodbye for the night. He'd sprinted home after dropping Rui off at his house again. He was overflowing with energy, he had to burn it off somehow!

     When he got home, Tsukasa pulled out his keys and unlocked the front door to let himself inside. He fumbled a lot because his hands were shaking.

      He got in and leaned his back onto the door after he closed it. He let himself slide down so that he was sitting on the floor.

     "Tsukasa!" Saki ran down the stairs. "You're back!"

     She grew worried as she saw Tsukasa on the floor, out of breath.

     "Are you okay?" She asked, rushing over.

     Tsukasa looked up at his younger sister with a smile and hugged her. "I'm better than okay!"

      "Oh! Something good happened?" Saki hugged Tsukasa back.

     "Yeah," Tsukasa said, closing his eyes and embracing his sister warmly.

"That's great," Saki smiled into Tsukasa's shoulder. "I'm happy for you, even though I don't know what happened. Hehe."

"Thanks." Tsukasa laughed softly.

——————————

"You seem like you're in a good mood," Ms. Kamishiro said to Rui after Tsukasa left to go back to his own house. "You had fun?"

"I did," Rui answered with a smile. "I had a good time."

"Oh, my, you two didn't do anything naughty, did you?" The boy's mother said jokingly.

Rui laughed. "You already know the answer to that. Of course we didn't."

"I know," Ms. Kamishiro moved Rui's bangs back and planted a kiss onto his forehead. "You're both good kids."

Rui's heart gave a small flutter.

     I'm glad you think so.

——————————