03|Grave

"We can. I have no issue with this," Divye spoke up.

Everyone turned to look at him; I was surprised why he wanted to pair up with me.

"I mean, I can make the sacrifice," he shrugged.

Indeed, the grandest sacrifice. I rolled my eyes.

"Um, okay," Ms. Twinkle agreed.

I reluctantly accepted; I had no other choice.

His gaze fixated upon me, and I can tell that a whirlwind of thoughts occupied .

**

He extended his hand towards me, and I grasped it. As he held my waist and leaned in close to whisper in my ear, "I told you I would get back at you. I stole your fresher's from you," he chuckled.

"Do you truly believe it would affect me?" I mocked him in response.

He chuckled, "In your car, you clearly instructed me not to touch your car, And here I am touching you! Does this not affect you? If not, perhaps it is to your liking. Isn't it so" He twirled a strand of my hair.

"Do not dare to lay a hand on me, you Wicked," I attempted to step back, but he tightened his grip around my waist. He chuckled.

I kicked him and caused him to pull his hands back.

"Think twice before crossing me," I warned.

**

After college, Ruhi embraced me with excitement, like a happy child.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you so much," she exclaimed. "You're my bestest friend," she added.

"Don't you think a treat is in order for this?" I sarcastically remarked.

"Let's order pizza then," she suggested.

"Cheese pasta and a cheeseburger too," I exclaimed.

After eating we headed to home.

**

Upon parking my car and entering my house, I greeted my mother, "Hello, Mumma, what's up?"

"Hello, honey, how was your day?" she inquired.

"A nightmare," I replied. "Ms. Twinkle paired me with Divye for the fresher's," I explained as I ascended the stairs to my room.

"That's wonderful," she said joyfully, having accepted him as her son-in-law since childhood.

"Yeah, for you," I retorted.

"Where's Divye?" she asked.

"In his grave," I retorted.

"I'm here, aunty," Divye's voice broke in, causing me to turn around.

He hugged my mum and presented her with a bouquet of flowers, saying, "Happy anniversary in advance, aunty."

"Thank you, my son," she smiled.

"By the way, where's uncle?" Divye inquired.

"He's on a work trip," my mum replied.

"I'm going to my room," I announced.

I plugged in my headphones, turned on the music, and as the music played, the world seemed to fade away. What a wondrous and peaceful moment.

I drifted off to sleep.

"Kaisi vo Murad thi Jo Aaj jal gayi pariyo ke jehan me Jo aag bann gayi dekhi na thi sapno khayalo me kabhi aisi zindagi se mulaqat bann gayi...."

I awoke in the evening, made myself a cup of coffee, and headed to my balcony. The sound of music filled my ears, and I glanced around to see who was playing the guitar.

Divye.

"You play well," I complimented.

Stay tuned📍