07|The Absurd Avengers

"Is he going to kill him??” Ruhi asked excitedly “this is your enemies to lovers trope moment.” She said with excitement

I hope so but this is not the time it's family gathering and divye is not so my enemies to lovers trope enemy!!

"I, too, am quite fond of the enemies-to-lovers trope." Vihaan chimed in with a playful wink and a smile

“Stop flirting with her.” Sam murmured under his breath to vihaan. Clearly not so happy with his statement towards her

“I am her friend Man chill.” Vihaan retorted with a grin

"What on earth are they discussing? Can you make heads or tails of it?" Ruhi asked, visibly puzzled.

Vihaan redirected his attention to Sam “Seems like something is burning.” Vihaan teased him

Ugh

I finally interjected "This is hardly the appropriate time for banter, you creatures!” I curse them.”Divye's on a mission to dig a five-star accommodation... for my uncle!” Who knew he had such a flair for landscaping?

I stormed out of the room, I overheard the creature's trio's banter as I left.

"Did she just refer to us as 'creatures'?" Ruhi questioned Unbelievably.

“She occasionally indulges in spirits; leave her, Well I love funerals food" Vihaan remarked nonchalantly.

"Do they keep pizza at funerals??"

“I am so done with the both of you” Sam said furiously before storming out of the room to join me.

Okay! I am taking me words back this is the creature's of the duo and not the trio.

**

My gaze scanned the room for Divye. he was, standing by my Mom, Probably she stopped him for something.

"There he is." I informed Sam as we approached.

We drew closer to them, with ruhi and vihaan spotting us and making their way over.

“Do you have some plan to stop him??” Sam asked.

“No.” I replied sorrowfully, “Do you??”

“Let's lock him in the room!? Maybe it will work.” He shrugged

“Yeah, Great idea.” I nodded

**

I grasped Divye's arm, when he was about to head towards uncle. while Samarth firmly held his other arm.

Divye shifted his gaze from me to vihaan, questioningly. “Wha-” He began but before he could finish. Suddenly, vihaan and ruhi swiftly approached and put a handkerchief on his mouth and he passed out.

We both saw them shockingly and then passed out demon, Divye.

“No need to say thankyou.” Vihaan snapped proudly

“What the hell have you two done?” Sam and I exclaimed simultaneously, shocked and furious by their actions.

"Why so rude? We were trying to help you!" Vihaan complained.

“Exactly!” Ruhi chimed in, echoing Vihaan's sentiment.

“Yes, you've assisted us in tender him unconscious!” I argued.

“It was the only recourse available to us.”ruhi argued back

“What did you two use to render him unconscious?” Sam inquired

“Chloroform.” Ruhi replied Innocently.

"Who the hell brings chloroform to a family gathering?" Sam and I said simultaneously once more.

“Hey, We match again! Same pinch!” Sam exclaimed gleefully, as if it was some kind of a win. He extended his hand for a high-five, he's cutee! I responded to his high-five, before refocusing on the matter at hand.

Vihaan spoke up “Of course, to kidnap their crush!” Vihaan shrugged with grin

“We are serious you comedy king!!” I retorted, furiously.

“What if someone attempt to kidnap me? That's why I always carry chloroform in my bag!” Ruhi replied with puppy face.

“Very well, now let's pick up the body and remove him from sight," I snapped, growing increasingly anxious.

“Are we burying him?” Ruhi inquired innocently.

“I can't dig a grave.” Vihaan responded Sarcastically.

“But he's not dead.” Ruhi pointed out, puzzled by Vihaan's remark.

"My head is throbbing; I can't do this anymore!" I exclaimed in frustration.

"If the two of you don't stop talking right now! I will gladly dig a grave for both of you," Sam warned sternly.

“Let's take him to the room.” I said to Samarth

Suddenly, I felt eyes upon myself, I turned to look but no one was there. A sense of fear washed over me—could he have returned, as he said? He said he would come back soon! He came! Heee cammmeee! He's here! Darkness enveloped me, and I lost consciousness.

**
Author's POV

Pari began to faint, almost hit the ground but Sam caught her swiftly and left Divye, Who fell on his face! Crack! All eyes turned to “The Absurd Avengers” attempting to rescue their friends by rendering them unconscious.

Ruhi, Vihaan and Sam first watched unconscious Divye's collapse before exchanging glances and directing their attention to the audience of onlookers. The awkward trio offered awkward smiles, then ruhi and vihaan quickly hoisted Divye to his feet. Pari's parents and many guests were in the garden, with only a few guests remaining in the hall, so there was no concern about settling the lovebirds out of sight.

“Please don't tell uncle aunty about this we don't want their day to ruin.” Ruhi requested

“They just fainted due to hunger.” Vihaan misdirected.

“We will feed them.” Sam Supported Vihaan's explanation.

They soon realized the audience was entirely disinterested in their antics and had no intention of involving themselves.

So, they departed for the chamber—

**

Ruhi sat by the unconscious Pari, gently stroking her cheek, tears streaming down her face and she started crying like a broken eagle. Vihaan and Sam recoiled in alarm before abandoning Divye again. Crack!

"Mumma." Vihaan called out in distress.

"Kanha, where have you led me?" Sam muttered to himself.

Any guesses who came!? And why pari freaked out of his/her thought?

Stay tuned📍 Follow me on Instagram for updates— IG: Inkheartedteller