09|Possessed by the spirit of a witch

Author's POV

Ruhi and Sam approached Pari's parents, wishing them a happy anniversary. Pari's parents warmly hugged them.

"Where's Pari and Divye?" Pari's father asked, looking around with concern.

"Um... they... are-" Sam stumbled over his words.

"They passed out due to hunger," Ruhi blurted out swiftly, due to anxiety. Sam shot her a wide-eyed glare. "Sorry," she mouthed to him.

"Why didn't you tell us before!?" Pari's mom asked, sounding worried.

"We were about to tell y-" Sam began, trying to cover the slip-up, but Pari's parents left before he could finish.

Sam glared at Ruhi, and she apologized again.

**

"Uncle, Aunty, listen! They're alright; you don't have to worry," Sam exclaimed, running after them.

"Vihaan is tied up there; what excuse will we give them about him!?" Ruhi asked worriedly.

"You should have thought of that before!”

Pari's POV

Feeling terrible, I struggled with what to do. Should I talk to someone about this, or should I run away? Unable to decide, tears welled up in my eyes. Suddenly, the door opened, and footsteps approached. With my face turned away, I couldn't see who it was. Fear gripped me; what if it's them? I turned back and lashed out. Smack!

Author's POV

Vihaan and Divye approached Pari, who suddenly turned around and lashed out in a startled reaction. Divye, quick to react, instinctively pushed Vihaan slightly forward, causing him to unwittingly intercept the unexpected blow. Vihaan, taken by surprise, groaned in pain as the impact landed.

Divye, having successfully redirected the attack, stood proudly with a smirk on his face, seemingly amused by the turn of events. He glanced at Vihaan, who was now nursing his sore spot, and then back at Pari, his expression a mix of amusement and curiosity as he assessed her reaction.

"Ouch!” Vihaan groaned in pain. “What the hell were you trying to do?? A murder!?”

"I'm sorry, Vihaan! I didn't mean to hit you. I thought you were... never mind."

"Looks like karma hit someone pretty quickly, eh, Vihaan?" Divye teased him.

"Yeah, thanks a lot for volunteering me, Divye," Vihaan said, clearly unhappy with his friend's deceitful action.

"I really didn't expect you to be right there, Vihaan. Are you okay?" Pari apologized

Vihaan rubbed his nose and groaned. "I'll live, I suppose. Just a little unexpected wake-up call!"

"Pari's got moves, Vihaan. Better watch out next time!" Divye chuckled.

Pari chuckled nervously, her expression a mix of worry and guilt. "I'll be sure to save my ninja skills for the bad guys next time. Sorry for the unexpected surprise, Vihaan. I owe you one... maybe a Pizza?”

"Ah, nothing like a spontaneous smack to keep me on my toes. But hey, pizza as payment? I'll take it!” Vihaan snapped Sarcastically

**

Pari's parents opened the door and were surprised to see Vihaan on the floor, rubbing his nose, with Pari and Divye standing beside him.

Sam and Ruhi rushed in, trying to defuse the situation with Pari's parents.

“What's going on here?” Ruhi asked, noticing injured Vihaan on the floor rubbing his nose.

“Seems like Divye got his revenge!” Sam muttered, mocking at vihaan.

"Vihaan, what happened to you?" Pari's mother asked, sounding concerned.

Vihaan: "It's all good, aunty. Just a little mishap, no big deal!"

"Yeah, Pari was just demonstrating her self-defence skills..." Divye shrugged, trying not to laugh.

"I promise, it was an accident! Vihaan got caught in the crossfire." Pari said in her defense

Pari's Father raised an eyebrow "Crossfire? What's going on here?"

"Well, you see, Pari here is secretly training to be a ninja." Divye teased pari

Pari's Mother chuckled "Oh my! Next time, just make sure your ninja moves are in a safe space, Pari."

Pari nodded, her cheeks reddening with embarrassment.

"Looks like we've got a ninja in the family! Be careful, Vihaan." Pari's Father teased, trying to hold back his laughter.

Vihaan smiled through the pain "I'll make sure to watch my back around Pari from now on."

"Maybe I should start wearing protective gear around her." Divye chuckled

"Well, I hope this doesn't become a regular occurrence. Let's get you checked, Vihaan. And Pari, be more careful next time!" Pari's mother said to Pari as she made her way over to Vihaan to check on him.

**

Pari's parents excused themselves to mingle with the guests and instructed the troublemaking group to join them in a few minutes. As they departed, everyone let out a collective sigh of relief

"Are you okay?" Divye asked, genuinely concerned.

"Yeah, why did you faint?" Ruhi asked, sounding worried.

"It's nothing. Sometimes she feels like she's possessed by the spirit of a witch, and it makes her pass out," Vihaan replied sarcastically.

Sam hit Vihaan's shoulder, and Divye shot Vihaan a glare.

“I Just got anxious because of the situation and fainted!” Pari explained.

Just then, Pari's father called out to them from the garden, asking them to join the celebration. They headed over to join the gathering.

Divye, Vihaan and Sam lingered behind. "Why does my nose hurt?" Divye said, rubbing his nose.

Vihaan and Sam quickly left the room, looking flustered.

Short one! Next chapter will be out soon! Stay tuned📍

Vote if you like the chapter

And Follow me on Insta for updates
IG: Inkheartedteller