12|Extra boiled egg

Divye's POV

After Pari and her friends left the canteen, I approached Rohan along with Vihaan and Samarth.

"Your face looks like an extra boiled egg. You're blushing today!" Vihaan exclaimed, noticing his freshly punched face.

"He was auditioning to be Pari's personal punching bag!" I snapped. If I called him a chimpanzee earlier, it has definitely come true now.

"You better watch who you're crossing. Pari's not someone to mess with," Samarth advised.

Rohan didn't say anything; he was groaning in pain.

***

I was cleaning my guitar when my dad called me for dinner. I sighed and walked downstairs. My stepmom was sitting at the dining table with her right foot up, doing her pedicure, while my father was cooking.

My father had an affair with her, which my mom found out about. After that, my mom and I moved here, but when I turned 8, she died in an accident. After her, Maya aunty (Pari's mom) took care of me. My father wanted to take me with him, but I refused because I didn't want to live with him. So he used to send me money and occasionally visit me, and yeah, this was one of those occasional visits.

My stepmom looked at me and rolled her eyes. My dad noticed me. "Good evening, son!" he greeted. I didn't reply.

**

"You should come live with us now," Dad suggested

"I am fine here," I retorted

"So, what are your plans after graduation?" Dad asked. I remained silent.

He continued "You should take over my business after graduation."

My stepmom slammed her spoon down and glares at him before storming off

"You should ask your side chick first," I retorted and left for my room.

***

Next day (Pari's POV)

"I am feeling so tired," I muttered.

Ruhi was longingly staring at Samarth when Principal sir came in with a man beside him.

"Ms. Twinkle got injured in an accident, so Mr. Ahuja will be your class teacher for some months," Principal sir informed us and left the class.

**

I recognized Mr. Ahuja “Karan” I exclaimed loudly, realizing everyone could hear me. All eyes were on me.

"Pari??" Karan noticed me. "Umm, Hi! It's been a long time since we met!"

He was two years senior than uss in school. I still remember I used to share my lunch with him when some kids used to snatch his lunch box, and that's how we met.

"Hi! It really has been a long time!" I greeted, moving to hug him.

Just then, Divye chimed in before I could embrace Karan.

"Hey boss! All good??" Karan greeted him.

"50/50," he replied.

Karan turned to me with a smile. We were about to hug each other when Divye again chimed in, putting his hand on Karan's shoulder and leading him to his friends. I sighed

"Have you met Samarth and Vihaan??" He asked Karan.

I threw the paper ball at him, which made him turn back with a smirk on his face.

Jerk!

***

Class ended, and as we were about to leave, Rohan approached me with a bouquet of flowers in his hand. I rolled my eyes. I just want one day, just a day, without any drama. Is it really a big deal??

"What's now??" I retorted.

"I just wanted to apologize," he replied, spreading the bouquet towards me. "I am really sorry for yesterday. I won't cross the line next time."

I rejected his apology and left to head to the ground.

***

Author's POV

Ms. Twinkle was on leave, so Mr. Luthra was covering for her. Ruhi and Samarth were practicing on stage with 'Pehli Nazar Mein,' while other students cheered them on, while Vihaan ordered pizza for Niharika and himself.

Mr. Luthra noticed that Divye and Pari were absent, so he asked Vihaan to find them.

Pari's POV

I headed to the ground and saw Divye playing basketball. He ran his hand through his hair and noticed me.

"Wanna play?" he asked.

"Wanna lose?" I replied, though I knew I was overconfident. I am too bad at sports.

He laughed and replied, "I am walking so you can run!"

"Really??" I laughed and rolled my eyes.

Just then, Vihaan approached us.

"Buddies, Mr. Luthra is calling both of you.”

13th chapter will be out soon!
Stay tuned📍

Follow me on Instagram for Updates
IG :Inkheartedteller