08|The Cherry honker dude

Author's POV

Ruhi sat by the unconscious Pari, gently stroking her cheek, tears streaming down her face as she cried like a broken eagle. Vihaan and Sam recoiled in alarm before abandoning Divye again. Crack!

"Mumma," Vihaan called out in distress.

"Kanha, where have you led me?" Sam muttered to himself.

"Why the hell are you crying!?" Sam asked, shocked by her sudden tears.

"Bro, the real question is who the hell cries like a dead cat!?" Vihaan said frustratedly.

"She is unconscious," she innocently replied, her expression a puppy face.

"She's not dead!" he retorted.

"Then why the hell has she passed out!?" she shouted.

"Okay! Let's decide the menu!" Vihaan interrupted.

"Of what?" they both asked simultaneously.

"Funerals!"

They glared at him in disbelief.

"What?" he asked, confused by their glares. "We are going to have two funerals, guys! We need to be prepared! It's our family function," he explained, unbothered by their reactions.

**

Sam and Ruhi tied him up with the rope. Which Vihaan and Ruhi kept to tie Divye in case chloroform didn't work.

"Guys, listen, let's talk ab-"

Ruhi was cutting a piece of tape to stick on his mouth.

"Hey! I was just kidding, you two are so cruel," he complained.

"We are also pranking you by tying you up," Samarth teased him.

"I'll kil-" he was about to curse them when Ruhi swiftly stuck a tape on his mouth.

Ruhi raised her eyebrows, grinned, and made a face to tease him. Vihaan rolled his eyes.

**

Samarth let out a sigh, tired of all the drama. "Let's pick him up," he uttered to Ruhi.

She nodded.

Finally, they picked up the cherry honker dude! They laid Divye on the bed beside Pari.

"He's looking like a joker right now!" Ruhi giggled, noticing his red nose.

"After this, it seems like he'll be booking an appointment with a nose specialist." Sam chuckled

A sound came from Ruhi's stomach."Looks like you're hungry. Let's go grab something to eat, and we'll also need to come up with an excuse for uncle and aunty." Sam said tiredly.

"Yeah, I am starving too badly, but I am really worried for Pari," Ruhi replied, her concern evident in her voice.

"Hey, she's alright! You know, she has a tendency to panic and faint in such situations," Sam reassured, his voice gentle as he extended his arms to embrace her, slowly rubbing her back. She buried her head in his chest, finding comfort in his reassuring presence.

Then they realized they were so close to each other and snapped out of the embrace quickly.

"Um...am....I..I am sorry," Sam uttered hesitantly.

Ruhi started blushing, and her cheeks turned red. "It's okay; you don't have to be sorry. It was a sudden moment," she reassured him.

Sam nodded, and then they left the room.

**

Divye stirred, his eyelids fluttering open after some time as he emerged from his unconscious state. Glancing around, taking in his surroundings, he caught sight of Pari beside him. Gently, he brushed his hand against Pari's cheek.

"If this is a dream, I don't want to wake up from it! You're so beautiful, Pari Trivedi. My wife-to-be, Pari Trivedi Sharma," he chuckled at the Pari Trivedi Sharma line.

His gaze then landed on Vihaan, who stared back at him with wide-eyed shock at his confession. Divye's realization dawned that this wasn't a mere dream. Memories flooded back of how his deceitful friends had made him unconscious.

"Bastard!" he blurted out in anger.

Vihaan attempted to speak, but his mouth was taped shut. He lowered his face with disappointment.

"Ugh!" Divye rolled his eyes. "Who tied you like this?" he questioned, noticing Vihaan's bound state. "Whoever tied him or her did a good job!" A grin of satisfaction crept onto his face.

Divye rose from the bed and removed the tape from Vihaan's mouth.

"What happened to her!?" Divye asked, pointing a finger at Pari.

"I am hungry!" Vihaan interjected swiftly. "First, bring me some food. Then, I'll tell you what happened to her."

Divye moved to reapply the tape to Vihaan's mouth, but Vihaan quickly retracted his words. "Hey, hey, bro! No, I was just kidding. I'll tell you! Why is she unconscious," he clarified as rapidly as possible. Divye withdrew his hand.

"I don't know why she passed out; she just suddenly fainted! Maybe she lost consciousness due to hunger," Vihaan shrugged.

"Okay! I am going to bring her something to eat," Divye declared, his worry evident in his eyes. He then turned his gaze to Pari, concern etched on his face. "And we'll talk later about the incident you all did to me," he added, glaring at Vihaan.

Vihaan smiled awkwardly. "Can you please untie me before going? I need to pee!" he requested.

Divye complied, untying him and turning his attention back to Pari, concern still evident. "You Sprinkle drops of water on her face and call the doctor while I bring food," he instructed Vihaan sternly.

Vihaan nodded. "Okay! But come back quickly."

With that, Divye left the room. Vihaan fetched a glass of water and sprinkled some drops on Pari's face. As urgency called him to the washroom, Pari began to regain consciousness, panting heavily. She rose from the bed, placing a hand on her heart and sweating profusely.

** Pari's POV **

Feeling terrible, I grappled with what to do. Should I talk to someone about this, or should I run away? Unable to decide, tears welled up in my eyes. Suddenly, the door opened, and footsteps approached. With my face turned away, I couldn't see who it was. Fear gripped me; what if it's them? I turned back and lashed out. Smack!

If you all are wondering about Divye's sudden confession then lemme tell you he took 12 years to confess this.

Vote if you like it! And stay tuned for more-

Follow me on insta for updates
IG:- inkheartedteller