13|Shadow

I headed to the ground and saw Divye playing basketball. He ran his hand through his hair and noticed me.

"Wanna play?" he asked.

"Wanna lose?" I replied, though I knew I was being overconfident. I'm too bad at sports.

He laughed and replied, "I am walking so you can run!”

"Really?" I laughed and rolled my eyes. "Let's see then."

He smirked, ready for the challenge.

**

We faced off on the basketball court, tension crackling between us. As I aimed for a hoop, Divye swiftly intercepted the ball, effortlessly making the shot himself with a smirk on his lips.

"Too slow," he taunted.

I scowled but stayed calmed. "Let's see if you can handle this move!" I dribbled the ball, attempting a quick crossover, but Divye anticipated my move and stole the ball again.

"You'll have to do better than that," he said, his competitive spirit showing.

Getting ready to shoot again, I unexpectedly stumbled. Just as I was about to fall, Divye reacted swiftly, gripping my waist to steady me.

“Are you okay??” he asked, concerned.

I didn't say anything. Shock flashed across my face as I looked at him, our eyes locked in a surprising moment of connection. My heart raced, and I felt a strange flutter in my chest, unsure of what to make of the unexpected gesture.

Just then, suddenly, the sound of someone falling came from behind the tree, and we quickly separated.

What the hell were you even doing, Pari!? He's your enemy, and he used to like you in childhood. You can't trust him!

I Peered beyond the tree, I caught a glimpse of a shadow figure, A man's shadow. He was definitely spying on us. I think he's really back!! I need to do something before things go wrong like before. Just then, Divye spoke up, and I came out of my thoughts

"Seems like you need a bit more practice to stay on your feet, Pari," he teased, a smirk playing on his face.

I was about to retort when Vihaan's voice cut in, "Hey, guys! Mr. Luthra is calling for both of you." He appeared at the edge of the field,

I nudged Divye's foot before following Vihaan, leaving Divye behind with a groan of pain.

**

"Why weren't both of you here?" Mr. Luthra inquired

"We were on the ground, and I'm not participating," I replied.

"I also feel the same. I don't want to participate," Divye added with a shrug.

"But you both have to because Ms. Twinkle said that whoever does not participate, she will not pass them," Mr. Luthra casually dropped the bomb on us, well, not on us, but definitely on me.

"Ugh, fine," I accepted with a sigh, realizing I had no choice

**

Mr. Luthra positioned us for the dance because everyone was already paired up.

"May I?" Divye asked to put his hand on my waist

I reluctantly nodded.

Divye's POV

I put my hand on her waist and pulled her closer. She was about to curse at me, but Mr. Luthra intervened.

“So, your song is 'Ishq Wala Love,'” Mr. Luthra informed us.

“Whatt?!” Pari asked, shocked, and swiftly moved away from me.

I did the same so she thinks I hate her “Whhaatttt?!” I exclaimed loudly and maybe a little bit dramatically too.

She glared at me, and I made a face at her before turning towards the teacher.

“You both are going to perform on 'Ishq Wala Love,'” Mr. Luthra repeated.

He probably thinks we're slow.

She folded her arms over her chest and argued, “I'm not going to dance with him on this song.”

I also folded my arms. “I would rather die than dance to this song with you,” I said, turned my head to another side to hide my laughter.

“Enough!” Mr. Luthra said, tired of our drama. “You both aren't kids, and you don't have a choice since your film-loving class teacher already chose the song for every couple.”

She's officially become our cupid

We slowly turned to each other, and she rolled her eyes at me.

Pari's POV

As soon as Mr. Luthra released us, I hurried back to the area where Divye and I had been playing. The scene seemed undisturbed except for a few rustling leaves.

I approached a nearby tree, searching for any sign of the clue we were supposed to find. As I glanced around, something caught my eye—a shiny object in the soil beneath the tree.

Kneeling down, I brushed away the dirt to reveal a men's wristwatch. Examining the watch, I noted its sleek design and the S initials engraved on the back. I wondered what it could mean.

“Pari??”

Vote if you like the chapter.
Stay tuned📍

And I am making a playlist for my book, so suggest some songs that you feel match the vibe of the book.

And follow me on Instagram for updates IG: Inkheartedteller