𝕗𝕚𝕗𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟

"DUDE! THIS IS PISSING ME OFF" is all that was heard before yumi disconnected from the call.

they played a few rounds of mad verse city, which was basically a play on madlibs just in the scenario that they were writing short raps to different beats.

yumi, who thought he should have won each play, lost to nick just about every single round. erin who also joined in for the last two rounds came in either second or third, pushing yumi towards last.

at first everyone laughed at the fact that he was the sore loser of the group, but then came to a mutual agreement that it was time to call the night quits. it was nearing 1:00 a.m. in texas as well as where grunk was living in virginia.

"i'll catch you guys later" larry says as he clicks off of the call, nick following in suit. "yeah i have an exam tomorrow, or well i guess today." grunk says as he bids his goodbyes and clicks off the call.

"and then there were three." tanner chants. "nah i'm just messing. it's way past my bedtime, goodnight my sweets!"

there was a slight silence as everyone except schlatt and erin had left the call at this point.

"are you staying on?" schlatt asks as he closes some of the extra tabs he had open before clicking back to their call log.

"were you wanting to play something else?" erin asks as she rolls onto her back, surprised that she wasn't already asleep. she gained some energy while playing those few rounds of mad verse city, but was definitely fighting for her life trying to stay awake. she desperately needed sleep but also didn't want to miss this moment.

"not really, but we could just talk if you want to." he offers. "unless you were wanting to hop off and go to bed."

"yeah sure" erin says with a smile evident in her voice. "do you just wanna say on here, or i could call you?"

"yeah let me get settled and then i'll call you or something."

"okayyy" erin says dragging out the y. "i'll talk to you in a minute."

schlatt exits discord and makes his way to his bedroom, both of his cats trailing behind him. his bed was unmade so he straightens out his comforter before pulling it right back just to get under it and mess up its fashion yet again.

only a couple minutes had passed before schlatt was clicking onto erin's contact and watching the line ring.

erins phone had rang four times before she finally answered with a quiet hello. sure they had talked many times before, but never on call one on one. not including the few seconds they had just spent on discord.

"i thought maybe you fell asleep" schlatt laughs to himself as he switched the call to speaker.

"no not yet surprisingly." erin starts. "i was ready for bed like three hours ago, i'm not sure why i'm still so awake."

"so how has the album been going?" schlatt asks as he introduces a new topic of conversation.

"pretty good i would say. i have a few songs finished but i still have a ways to go." she admits.

"i've listened to some of your stuff before, you're definitely a woman of many talents." he compliments.

"says you." erin blushes. "don't think i forgot about the frank sinatra cover you dropped out of nowhere."

"yeah maybe you'll have to feature me on one of the songs."

"oh for sure!" erin yawns out as she rubs her eyes tiredly.

the conversations kept up for a good fifteen minutes before erin's replies started to space out. she tried her best to stay attentive, but eventually her lack of sleep caught up to her.

schlatt had started talking about a few upcoming chuckle sandwhich episodes when he realized she was so longer humming in response. her soft breaths were still audible through the phone followed by the occasional shift of her bedding, which schlatt presumed to be either her or her pets.

"goodnight erin" schlatt says softly, not wanting to wake the sleeping girl on the other side of the call.

he was unsure if he should be end the call or not. since he wasn't sure if she was a heavy sleeper or not, the last thing he wanted was for the sound of the call dropping to wake her up.

but schlatt didn't oblige too much, and decided to just mute his end of the call before rolling over to his side.

the thought of erin being on the other side of the call despite being asleep was comforting him. within minutes of closing his eyes, he too was sound asleep.

•

AMYAH SPEAKS 🎀

we r getting there !!