chapter X

George and Gabriel followed Crowley's direction to his home. It was already nighttime. "This place sure is far. Are you sure you know where we're going?," said Gabriel as he followed behind.  "Yes, my father and I move faster. Sorry to say... you two are pretty slow... ," said Crowley, honestly.  "We are only human after all. You're lucky to be a vampire. You get to have strong abilities. It will help you save those who are in danger," said George, cheerfully. Crowley's eyes wide surprise. "You really think I will be able to save people?," Crowley asked. "Ones you're older, of course," said George. Crowley smiled by his words, and he looked in front of him to notice that they had made it. "We are here," said Crowley as George put him down. "I don't see anything," said Gabriel, confused. There was nothing in front of them, just more snow and trees. Crowley grabbed George's hand and guided him as Gabriel followed. "There's a vail to hide the entrance," said Crowley. They went through an invisible vail, reviling an old castle. "Is this the vampire lair?," George asked surprise as they entered the castle. "Yes, is our home," said Crowley. "Both of us are not supposed to be here. This is a vampire territory," said Gabriel, concerned. "Oh wow, this place looks so nice," said George, admiring the place. "We have an underground town under this castle," Crowley explained. "Excuse me, Crowley. But we're not supposed to be here," said Gabriel. "You brought me home safe. No one will hurt you when I'm by your side. Also, I can tell both of your bodies need rest for tonight," said Crowley. They were confused at first with what did he mean that no one will hurt them with him by their side but George felt like he could trust this kid while Gabriel didn't but followed them not waiting his older brother to be alone with a bunch of vampires. 

As they passed through the town, they got many strange looks from the vampires, but no one dared to get close. They were amazed with the underground town. It was a completely different world to them.  Crowley took them to the front of the castle. "You live in there?," George asked, surprised. "Yes, I have lived here since the day I was born. I'm taking you to my great great grandmother, she's going to want... to know," said Crowley, upset as he took them in. They got inside, and it was huge, a women with elegant clothing saw them. Crowley went running to her, giving her a hug. "Crowley! Are you ok? Where is your father?" she looks up to look at them."Why did you bring them here? " she asked as she held him in a protective way. Crowley slightly pushes her away as he then explains. "They we're making sure I got home safe. Father and I... got attacked...," Crowley stopped speaking, not sure how to say about what happened. "His father didn't make it... I am very sorry...," said George as he felt sympathy.  The woman felt to her knees as she immediately was in tears.  "No, it can't be... there must be some...mistake...he can't be gone...oh my love..," she spoke in tears. Crowley hugged as he tried to control his tears. "I'll protect you...mama...I will do my best. You won't be alone," said Crowley, and his mother hugged him as she tried to catch her breath. She looks at her son. "I'm just happy that you at least made it home," she said as she wiped her tears. The sounds of her crying got a few vampires' attention. 

"The Van Helsings," said a voiced. They look up to see a woman with a black vail standing on the top of the stairs. "You know us?," George asked. "Of course, I have met many of your older generations," she walked down the stairs. "I am Queen Katherine Mondragon. You two probably don't know me. I haven't left this castle for centuries. There are not many stories about me," said Queen Katherine, in a calm tone. "I am George Van Helsing and his Gabriel Van Helsing. I actually have heard of you but more of a legend. I heard you killed millions of both humans and monsters and those who have witness you would always say that they were blinded by your beauty and could not even accept that you were capable of such horror," said George as he walks closer to her. The Queen found his words amusing. Right now, George felt honored to be in her presents, for centuries hunters have been wanting to find her, trying to prove that she was once real, here she was right in front of him. Butler Sebastian got in between them. "Is okay," she said as she made the butler move a side. "You could at least bow in the presents of the Queen," said the butler, annoyed. "Forgive me, but the only person I bow to is God. Is a religions thing, hope you understand your Highness," said Gabriel in defense. "I see. You may stay for the night. It will be my way to show gratitude for bringing one of my princes home," said Queen Katherine. "How did you know?," George asked. "I can hear everything here. I would like to know about what happened in detail if you don't mind in private," said Queen Katherine. "Of course, it won't be a problem," said George, smiling. "I will see you at midnight, Van Helsing," said Queen Katherine as she walked away. Even though George couldn't see her face due to the vail, he could see her pale hands that still looked young and noticed a gold ring. "I'll be taking you to your rooms," said the butler. "Lead the way," said George.  Gabriel imminently got close to George as they followed the butler. "Who know that kid was a prince," said Gabriel as he was looking at their surroundings. "Yeah, we basically found by accident the main vampire lair. Good thing it was us because if it was our ancestors, their home would be done for," said George. "True... ," Gabriel agreed.