Chap. IV

"do you not feel bad for leaving her alone?"

...

Jin Ji Eun's POV
Finally after what it feels like an eternity, Mr. Park has finally decided to move our seats. It's not like I have a problem with my seatmate Jia, but I just wanted to explore something new. I meant finding new friends to hang out with, not collecting weirdos. Jia is really nice though, we were classmates back in 10th grade, and the only one who doesn't have a tantrum when Riki teases her.

I taught her that you must be calm if you face teasings from people like Riki. I experience a good 5 years of that, so I can say I've build up a thick patience of facing someone like Riki. They tease you a lot to get a reaction out of you. The reaction is what they actually crave for. That's what I finally learned in high school when I started teasing my friends in Riki's way.

And I actually made a deal with one of my new classmates, Moon Arin. We met because Riki requested my help during break to solve a math problem. And Arin just tag along, after that we met a second time when she personally thank me for my help, and third time when participate in a science olympiad.

I thought of her as a very smart, very intelligent, introverted, and shy. The group she hangs out with is the opposite though. Kind of attention grabbing, though she just sat down and did nothing. That was kinda my first impression. We text a lot (not on purpose), Riki serving as the bridge to connect the both of us. Our discussions don't stray far from school topics and exams.

I was totally wrong about my first impression though. She might reserved at first, but once you get closer to her, it feels like you entered a circus of clowns. I wouldn't say she's weird, just unique. Riki straight up gave me her contact after getting tired of being our "bridge".

Once, during a competition where all of us are required to wear sweats, she came up to me and said, "Does the pants catch the shape of my vajayjay?". To say the least, I was shocked as hell. Like she looks very shy and innocent, but why does her mouth have no filter?

I made a deal that if Mr. Park decided to scramble the seats, we would request each other as seatmates. That means she would have to leave Yerin, her old seatmate. I feel like I'm breaking their one year friendship, but in reality Arin is more than glad to be away from Arin.

I would understand though. Arin has very demanding parents, and her parents demanded perfect scores on "easier" lessons, with she ended up not fulfilling. She cried, and Yerin (who cries a lot, but is always comforted by Arin) just left the seat beside Arin and went to talk to her other friends. I ended up consoling Arin and having a full debate against the teacher because of this. I fixed her mark though, it became perfect. She smiled after that.

And when Yerin is busy with the student's council she requested Arin to wrote her notes and give her answers during exam. It's not by force, but I sense the reluctance from Arin's face. And to make it worse, They sit close to the wall, where Arin is squished, and Yerin will get mad if Arin touches her.

Mr. Park eventually agrees on making me and Arin seatmates, the table beside us being Riki and Jungwon (who moved secretly). Yerin actually cried and cried that day, I guess she felt. betrayed by Arin who chose to move. But Arin just tired of how Yerin always acted, chose to look away and ignore Yerin's tears. While Jia is awkwardly trying to comfort her.

I don't actually have a feud with Jia, I told her before I did any of this tho. And she said that she doesn't really mind, she's okay as long she is as far away from Riki as possible. She knows if she stays with me, she's still gonna deal with Riki. Because from where I'm sitting, Riki just happened to be close by.

"I smell fight from the Secretary's clique!" Riki says out loud on purpose for Yerin to hear it.

I looked at Yerin and then back at Arin who's trying to hold off a guilty expression. "do you not feel bad for leaving her alone?" I asked cautiously.

"Of course I felt bad, but I must stand up for my self. I feel myself getting used over and over and over again by her. At this point I don't even wanna feel bad." she says while shrugging her shoulders.

I could see that they're not on talking terms for a week or so, before Yerin approaches her to talk it out. They did reconcile, but things don't just go back away they are. The scars are still evident, can't be removed by the word 'sorry'. Scars like this usually take time to heal, and both of them remain friends who act like strangers.

My 10th grade group of friends eventually "merged" with Arin's friends. Yerin started hanging out more with my 'best friend', Sia. And I hung out more with Arin. Arin eventually got close to Sunoo. And Sunoo and I eventually go back to being friends just like we did when we're in 6th and 7th grade.