Chap. X

"Good morning, best friend"

...

Jin Ji Eun's POV
I went straight home after eating at the cake store, and still couldn't shake off the thoughts of what happened today. I refused to believe that my heart races for the guy I once despised the most. But chose to shook off the thoughts, it will disappear by itself anyway.

It was a Friday night, meaning tomorrow I can sleep in and not slam my phone on the ground because the alarm sound that I set was to annoying, but helpful in waking me up.

I scrolled through my phone, smiling through TikTok edits, watching random videos, and reading web novels. Ding! A sound came from my phone, as well as a notification bar. It was from my group chat that consists of me, Riki, and Hana. I opened the app to find very short texts.

Pew Pew 🔫
Riki :
Call?
Hana🌸 :
I'm available, what about Jieun?

Jieun :
We could call, I'm just working on a PPT.

Hana🌸 :
You guys go ahead first, I'll join later.

Incoming call from Pew Pew🔫 .....

"Hello?" Riki's voice ringed through my ears. I wore headphones just incase the conversation gets weird. I wouldn't want my parents to find out that I'm not the same daughter they had at home for 17 years.

"Hi" I said shortly, still typing on the keyboard making the PPT for tomorrow's presentation.

"You're making the keyboard sounds on purpose so that you sound cool right?" Riki joked.

"I've got no words to say to be honest." I replied.

"Aw, don't be so serious. Did I upset daddy's little princess?" Riki said back. I could imagine the expression he was wearing while he was saying. I would have pulled his ear if I was present beside him.

"Don't disturb me too much. I'm working on a group project alone. Alone. Very nice indeed. My mood is rocky today." I said, still typing.

"Okay Boss! Is there anything I can do m'lady?" Riki said.

"Just stay quiet would you? Or at least don't make a conversation. I'm almost finished with this. I'm gonna curse the hell out of my groupmates tomorrow." I replied.

Riki stayed quiet after that, but I do hear his conversations with his parents, which not an abnormal occurrence. Me, Hana, and Riki called every day and night during covid, us hearing each other arguing and conversing with our parents.