Chap. VI

"Even if I tried really hard to move on, my brain keeps saying that she's to good lo let go

"Even if I tried really hard to move on, my brain keeps saying that she's to good lo let go."
...

Jin Ji Eun's POV
After the whole crush fiasco, Riki just seemed fine at school. But in reality, he opens a relationship session every night in our groupchat (consists of me, Hana, and him). I'm happy though that he trusts us this much to open up about his problems and insecurities about relationships. This topic might have been discussed a lot with his bros, but in a joking manner. On the other hand, Hana takes this seriously like a counselor.

The chats were filled with his text that screams regret inside out, and Hana advicing him, as well as teaching him how to fix the relationship mistakes. Though sometime we catch him simping all over again. But I know, he really is making an effort to move on.

But during the move on phase, his annoying level just rocketed up sky high. I might be used to it (he was way worse in his child phase) but Arin was annoyed as fuck. He even managed to diss Yerin's whole clique. He would kept screaming the word 'pick me', it was not directed to a specific someone, but Yerin just turns around.

Yerin and Arin are in the same clique, the clique that was the result of merging 2 friend groups. Specifically, mine and Arin's. I did enjoy hanging with them to a certain point, although the gossips were too much. Me and Arin just stayed quiet, not because we didn't want to join, but just because we weren't exactly included.

During break, one of Yerin's minion eventually reported the fact that 'Riki called Yerin a pick me'.

"You know just know Riki called Yerin a pick me." Yumi entered while showing a very dramatic face.

"Am I actually a pick me?" Yerin said with sad eyes while pouting.

"No you're not, he's just salty he hasn't got many admirers like you. His admirers are probably snobby and ugly girls. Next time if he said you're a pick me, just say that what's wrong with being a pick me? At leasy I get picked a lot." Ana said while flipping her hair.

They proceed to gossip about Riki and his friends. Calling them over confident and ugly, and making fun of their group nick name 'F4'. Jake and Jay weren't included because they played soccer more than basketball, and they hung out more with the badboys. And Sunoo was just everywhere, but far away from sports.

They made fun of Heeseung, calling him names. They made fun of Jungwon, saying that the loyal phase will soon be over and he will probably cheat. They also made fun of Sunghoon, saying that he was the most useless one in the group. And most of them just laughed at it.

Me and Arin chose to stay quiet, because we didn't really have a big problem with Riki and his friends. And we aren't really included, I just mentally cursed at them while Arin looked down at the concrete floor. Deep down, I regret being here, I wished I sat with Sunoo's group rather than here. Arin looks happier there, more vibrant and talkative.

Riki calling Yerin a pick me wasn't a part of his coping mechanism. Like the group said "Yerin has a lot of admirers", but her's are kind of questionable. After her break up with Gaon, Yerin just started replying to all of her admirers, acting like she's interested but in reality she wasn't. She played with them, giving them false hope. And she's 'friendly' towards boys too. She laughs while simultaneously touching their hand, making eye contact, while giving a very 'sweet' smile.

I told Riki and Hana about the conversation though. Snitching on the whole group is fun to be honest. Especially completed with the F4's reaction. They react as if they're going to fight Yerin's group. But in reality, they're just joking.

"I wouldn't want to waste my time and energy on something this useless." That's what Heeseung typed in the screenshot of the F4's group chat that Riki sent.

Arin kept quiet about this problem. Even though she kept ranting about her own friend group to me, I know that it will be hard for her to separate from them. They met when they were new students, meaning they know each other a lot. Seeing the overall attitude of the friend group, I'm certain that they will definitely spread rumors if Arin eventually separated.

And she's a total people pleaser, unlike me who is straight-forward. She's willing to sent the study materials she spent weeks putting together, just because she feels bad rejecting them. She's willing to borrow her drawing to be copied, even if it means her drawing being submitted late.

She rants a lot, to Sunoo, to me, even to Riki and Jungwon during free classes. Both of them won't exactly bad mouth Yerin, but rather Jungwon making fun of Riki who once 'loved' her. We talked a lot about his failed crush, Riki looking like he's fully moved on, but in reality he's probably still regretting. Jia recommended him to his admirers, being filtered by the 3 (me, Jia, Arin) of us to see who suits him the most. But he hasn't fully moved on.  (Hana goes to a different school)

"Even if I tried really hard to move on, my brain keeps saying that she's to good lo let go." Riki once said.

If I had known this was how it would end up, I would gladly pursue his crush. She's just too cute to pass.