Chapter 2

As we were walking I asked Dice, " wasn't it raining last night? ".

 " Perhaps so ". 

" Then why are the woods dry? Wouldn't there be mud everywhere, everything moist? ", I asked him. 

He stopped and turned to me with a confused look. Then he looked around as to finally realizing that the woods are indeed dry. 

" That's so weird ", he whispered.

 I nodded but continued walking.

 " Okay this is a good spot ", I said. 

We started working on the wood. Chopping pieces that we are able to carry in our bags. After half an hour I got tired. My arms felt like jelly, how embarrassing I know. I sat on top of a rock nearby. The perfect view of Dice cutting wood shirtless.

 " Nice ass ", I shouted at him with a smirk. 

He turned his head to give me a wink and continue cutting the wood. I was relaxing a bit when I felt like the pendant was tingling. At the same time the hairs at the back of my neck stood up like last night when I saw the shadow. When I felt someone watching me I looked up, expecting Dice to be watching me. He wasn't and I immediately got goosebumps. Looking around in between the trees for any sign or something, but nothing. 

" I'm going to look around a bit ", I told Dice.

 " Don't go too far, ok? ". 

With a simple nod I jumped off the rock and made my merry way through trees, just exploring and looking at different types of flowers that I have found along the way. I halted my steps, looking at a certain flower that caught my eyes. I crouched down near it, admiring it and how beautiful it looks. I went to reach it, but stopped midway when I saw a hand reaching for it as well. A hand so pale with weird markings, that look like swirlings. I know for a fact that it was not Dice here in front of me. I slowly looked up, following the hand up. I gasped but remained frozen. Fear grew in the pit of my stomach as I stared at the most electric blue eyes I have ever seen. Wide eyes just staring at my face. I gulped harshly as I looked at the pale face. Even when I'm this terrified I can't help but admire his beautiful face. I slowly stood up, so did he. The height difference was really noticeable, but I definitely can see the same swirling that he has on his hands on his neck. 

" Um.... Hello? ", I whisper. 

He just stared at me. I took a step and he took a step forward. So I stopped. My hands were sweating and while I contemplated in my head, I barely noticed when his hand shot out slowly to where I had the pendant around my neck. It started tingling and buzzing the more closer he got. I held my breath and I felt when he grabbed the pendant. His wide eyes just staring at it. I looked down to find it shining bright. I looked back up to his eyes to see him staring at me. 

" Is...is this yours? ", I asked him.

 He nodded. I went to take it off, but backed up and shook his head. The breeze picked up, startling me. I watched and he immediately raised his hand taking a small knife, I got scared and started backing up thinking he was going to kill me. He cut his forefinger and brought it up to me, making me flinch. I did not know what he was doing until he grabbed the pendant and smudged the black blood on the blue stone. It started to shine silver for a few seconds and then it went back to blue.

 "Nova?!! ", I heard Dice scream. 

I turned to him, " Run Nova Run ".

 " Dice wait ". 

Dice had taken out the gun to shoot at the Jager but just as I heard the first shot and spun around to see. It was already gone.