Chapter 10

After making sure everyone was okay at the medic building, I headed back to Creed's home with Lark. Creed made sure to call echo to bring a rover to take us up to the house so Lark wouldn't walk that much, so generous of him. We pulled up to the gates, Creed nodded to one of them as they opened for us. Thinking now about all that Creed has done for us, well for me to be honest. I appreciate it all. I think I have come a long way since the first time I met him in the woods. My thoughts on the Jager's have completely changed and It's been a wild ride. The rover came to a stop, making me break out of my thoughts.

 " Come, Lark, I'll show you to the guest room ", I spoke up to him. 

I walked to the front door, hearing laughter and squeals from inside the house. I opened the door and immediately saw Poppy and Gwen running after each other around the foyer.

 " Mommy!! ", Poppy yelled out running towards me. 

" Hi princess! Miss me! ", I squatted down to hug her. 

She nodded, " Look mommy Wen is back ", she said excitedly pointing at Gwen, who looked confused at our exchange. 

Gwen was not the only one confused because when I looked up towards Lark he was looking at me expectantly, waiting for an explanation. 

" Princess, why don't you let mommy show Lark to his room? He's very tired. Come, I heard Ms. Rosin did cookies, come Gwen ", Creed thankfully took both girls to the kitchen. 

" Daddy can I get two cookies... ", I heard Poppy ask him while walking away. 

" So... want to explain what that was? Since when do you have a daughter? I mean l was here about two days ago and you were definitely not pregnant... ", he said crossing his arms. 

" It's a long story ", I sighed. 

" Well thank God I don't have anything else to do today ", he sat down by the window. 

" Well, long story short Poppy is Creed's daughter and she just started calling me mom. At first I would correct her saying that I wasn't her mom but I could see It hurt her feelings. She's a sweet little girl and honestly she needs a mother figure in her life ", I explained.

 " And you're okay with that responsibility? I mean come on Nova It's a big responsibility. Is it really what you want? ". 

I stayed silent just thinking things through. 

" What about him? What does he think? ", he asked. 

" We... I don't know, I'm still trying to figure that out. I mean come on Lark a few weeks ago he was the enemy and now here we are getting help from him. He saved my life, somehow he has proven me wrong, he's not the bad guy Lark I promise ", I breathed out feeling my heart beat skip a beat just thinking about him. 

Lark still seems quite the opposite, he seems like he is going to need more convincing. I shook my head and motioned for him to follow me up the stairs. 

" Well, this is the guest room, you could go ahead and wash up and I'll see you downstairs for supper. If you have any questions let me or Creed know, oh or Ms. Rosin takes care of Poppy when Creed and I are out ", I said. 

He thanked me and walked inside. I walked back down the stairs and towards the kitchen. I found Ms. Rosin finishing up dinner, Creed and the girls sat at the table eating cookies. 

" I hope you guys are leaving room for dinner? ", I playfully scolded them.

 " Mommy look daddy has frosting on his nose, he's so silly ", she said pointing to Creed laughing.