Chapter 6

Multiple colors flashed through my eyes and then everything went black. I couldn't see anything, Creed must have felt my panic so he gave my hand a gentle squeeze letting me know it's okay. Then ahead I saw the flashing lights again. Next thing I know there was a final flash so bright I closed my eyes for a moment. When I opened them again I had to blink a few times to adjust my vision. What lay ahead of me was devastating. I raised my hand to my mouth not believing the scene in front of me. 

" Oh God... ", I gasped. 

Destruction laid all around me. Dead Jagers and humans, a horrible massacre. 

A Jager came up to Creed, " Sir ", he bowed his head. 

" What happened? ", Creed asked with authority in his voice. 

" We believe they infiltrated from the inside ". 

I gulped harshly, " Wha... What do you mean from the inside? ". 

He looked at me and then back at Creed, " It had to be from the inside, the borders are well covered. There was no way they could have passed undetected ", he explained.

 The jager then continued, " They planted bombs in the armory and took out the electricity ".

 I shook my head in disbelief, then I remembered, " What about the children's camp? Are they okay? Any of them hurt? ". 

He shook his head, " The half breed's camp was untouch. We moved all of those who were injured there ", he said.

 " Thank you Zoran ", Creed said to him. 

" Oh... We did capture one alive ", he told Creed, making me shoot my eyes up to Creed immediately, seeing his jaw clench hard. 

" Show me ", he growled out. 

The jager nodded motioning to follow him. The smell of burning and death around us as we moved through the bodies was getting overwhelming. My stomach was twisting and flipping as I looked at each body I passed. We made it to the medic center, once inside it was chaos, there was thick black liquid everywhere, on the walls, floors and on everyone in here. Knowing exactly what that black liquid was, my eyes teared up. 

Creed stopped on his track to look at me, " Please, stay here ", he whispered. 

Shaking my head, " No... Please... don't leave me here. I can't stay here ", I said, my voice cracking.

 He looked into my eyes and held up his hand to wipe my tears, then pulled me into him and continued to walk down a flight of stairs leading to dark double doors which were guarded. I thought the smell outside was horrid but I was so wrong. Nothing could have prepared me for the stench coming out of this place. It was dark and seemed wet, as if the whole place flooded. Jingles of keys brought me out of my thoughts. Zoran opened the door for me and Creed. As I walked in my sight set on a figure sitting on a chair hunched over.

 " Is he dead? ", I asked whispering. 

" No ", Zoran snarled.

 He walked up to the person in the chair and grabbed his hair to pull his head up, showing us the face of the culprit. I let out a gasp bringing my hands to cover my mouth. 

" Lark... ", I gasp. 

Creed looked at me with wide eyes, " You know him? ". 

I ignored Creed and ran towards Lark, cupping his cheeks making him look at me, " Lark!... Lark?!... It's me... It's Nova!! Are you okay? What happened? ".

 He looked at me with wide eyes, " Nova?... Yo... you're alive? ".

 He continues to look at me blinking a few times not believing that I'm right there in front of him. " Lark? Where is Nyx? Where is my sister? ", I asked desperately.